Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Celtic's pro IRA fans.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
This seems to have slipped under the radar a bit but what are people's thoughts on this? I know that haven't been found guilty yet but they have been charged with singing pro IRA songs on 3rd November in a UEFA cup game.

I don't think a fine is sufficient for this and they should be kicked out of the UEFA cup at least. If the SPL had any balls they would kick them out as well. I see the club still claim to have the best fans in the world so must be condoning it although publicly they say otherwise.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
This seems to have slipped under the radar a bit but what are people's thoughts on this? I know that haven't been found guilty yet but they have been charged with singing pro IRA songs on 3rd November in a UEFA cup game.

I don't think a fine is sufficient for this and they should be kicked out of the UEFA cup at least. If the SPL had any balls they would kick them out as well. I see the club still claim to have the best fans in the world so must be condoning it although publicly they say otherwise.

I presume then that you feel Rangers should also have faced a European ban?

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
I can't wait to see the Republic drawn in the same group as England at the Euros can't wayt to see those IRA supporting ***** f***ing turned over. They bombed Brighton for fucksake f***ing wankers deserve all they get. Luck of the Irish they will need it once they get out there. The worse thing about it all is as far as i'm conrcenred they can feckin have Northern irelnaf the place is a dump welching off England.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
But Rangers have already been investigated, and faced sanctions, from UEFA.
They live on a knife edge of further punishments, so have long since banned some songs.

Glad authorities are now even handed, and looking at Celtic.

Not arguing with that, just wanted to clarify what the OP meant. After all, he is calling for a punishment worse than what was dished out to Rangers for what is allegedly the same offence.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I can't wait to see the Republic drawn in the same group as England at the Euros can't wayt to see those IRA supporting ***** f***ing turned over. They bombed Brighton for fucksake f***ing wankers deserve all they get. Luck of the Irish they will need it once they get out there. The worse thing about it all is as far as i'm conrcenred they can feckin have Northern irelnaf the place is a dump welching off England.

The Celtic scum singing those songs, might not be the people happily watching the Republic.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade

What the f*** has this got to do with the Republic of Ireland and our supporters? I have honestly never heard any IRA songs ever following Ireland, and have equally never met anyone I would call an "IRA supporter" either. You are basically a racist prick, and I hope you have a football banning order preventing you from attending games.

Sooty the Thief

Oct 3, 2009

we are meant to be playing them in Dublin in February as well. Was at the 1995 game. What a night that was!

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Not arguing with that, just wanted to clarify what the OP meant. After all, he is calling for a punishment worse than what was dished out to Rangers for what is allegedly the same offence.

See above. I have no religious allegiance at all just find it disgusting fans of a British club singing the praises of terrorists who have killed many innocent British citizens and soldiers.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
we are meant to be playing them in Dublin in February as well. Was at the 1995 game. What a night that was!

Presuming you mean what I assume you do by "what a night", then I have never found a better use for this:

:tosser:

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
I met a keen Rangers fan a few weeks ago, a former regular season ticket holder. I told him what a Celtic fan had once said to me, in that when he moved down south all the boigotry faded and he saw it for the bollocks it was, the Rangers fan agreed 100%.

Now if these 2 can get over it why do people on here who I assume are southern born and bred have to take up cudgels for one team or another? Religion sucks donkey bollocks and so do Celtic and Rangers imo.

I would tell you to get the f*** over it but you, like I, was never in it. f***ing messageboard posers.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
See above. I have no religious allegiance at all just find it disgusting fans of a British club singing the praises of terrorists who have killed many innocent British citizens and soldiers.

Fair enough, just to make it clear I am not defending it either - just wanted to make that point.

Seagulls over Lewes

Jul 5, 2003
Rodmell

n643745851_564248_1235.jpg

n643745851_564249_1604.jpg

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
What the f*** has this got to do with the Republic of Ireland and our supporters? I have honestly never heard any IRA songs ever following Ireland, and have equally never met anyone I would call an "IRA supporter" either. You are basically a racist prick, and I hope you have a football banning order preventing you from attending games.

From someone in wales

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
Celtic are lucky to be in Europe anyway, only being reinstated on a technicality. If they get booted, justice will have been done both on & off the field.

The so called 'old firm' always get found out in Europe anyway, proving the standard of their League is pretty naff. Imo, it gets way too much publicity in the sports media south of the border.

Even if they're not kicked out, they soon will be on the pitch. They can then return to their domestic League & hand out regular 5-0 tonkings to the likes of Invergooly Thistle or Elgin Marbles & convince themselves they are a top class European side.

They aint...........

I can't wait to see the Republic drawn in the same group as England at the Euros can't wayt to see those IRA supporting ***** f***ing turned over. They bombed Brighton for fucksake f***ing wankers deserve all they get.
It was the IRA that bombed the Grand Hotel, not the Republic of Ireland.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here