Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Celtic V Rangers Atmosphere

Peever

Sep 5, 2010
Canada
As you say, football match was shit but it was a cracking atmosphere. Almost nonstop noise right from the first kick!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Obviously I'm no fan of the MTL or these two utterly wank clubs, but it is amazing to think that Rangers were 15 points clear of Celtic only two months ago, and now find themselves 2 points behind.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Obviously I'm no fan of the MTL or these two utterly wank clubs, but it is amazing to think that Rangers were 15 points clear of Celtic only two months ago, and now find themselves 2 points behind.

I prefer 'highly amusing'.

I watched the last 20 minutes. Some of the tackling, mostly Rangers on Celtic, was horrendous. Should have been two reds in 5 minutes, given as a yellow, then a ticking off. Hate on the pitch, hate in the stands. Quite fun to watch, though.

Londoner

Banned
Dec 19, 2011
London

I think it may have something to do with their manager being a bellend

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I prefer 'highly amusing'.

I watched the last 20 minutes. Some of the tackling, mostly Rangers on Celtic, was horrendous. Should have been two reds in 5 minutes, given as a yellow, then a ticking off. Hate on the pitch, hate in the stands. Quite fun to watch, though.

I just wonder how some of those players would fare in the championship when it comes to ref decision making? Given what Barnes and Vincelot saw Red for and also what the Wigan player was dismissed for on Boxing Day you cant help thinking there is a different rule book north of the border.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
And what's it all for? Oh yes, I remember now: the right to bow out hilariously (but unsurprisingly) in the preliminaries of the qualifying rounds for the Champions league against Skonto Riga.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
And what's it all for? Oh yes, I remember now: the right to bow out hilariously (but unsurprisingly) in the preliminaries of the qualifying rounds for the Champions league against Skonto Riga.

If the SPL was a person, I would think you have a little secret crush going on the way you go on about it...

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
To think that they are far and away the best two teams in their league, it was a standard that probably wouldn't make the Championship. Truely bad - to think that Samaras is a "good" player up there, but made no impact at city 5 or 6 years ago before they had any decent players. All that guff about them joining the premiership - they'd be stuffed by Blackburn, and that says something.

Oh, and Healy should've seen red for assault too.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
If the SPL was a person, I would think you have a little secret crush going on the way you go on about it...
I go on about it because I resent the fact it is presented as mainstream when it is patently absolute turd.

You're the one with the crush - [MENTION=5729]sir albion[/MENTION] points out another hilariously crap crowd but apparently this is OK because the population of the town is so small. Nothing to do with so many of the local mongs trotting off to one of the old firm teams every other week then.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I go on about it because I resent the fact it is presented as mainstream when it is patently absolute turd.

You're the one with the crush - [MENTION=5729]sir albion[/MENTION] points out another hilariously crap crowd but apparently this is OK because the population of the town is so small. Nothing to do with so many of the local mongs trotting off to one of the old firm teams every other week then.

Yes but I make no secret of the fact that I like watching Celtic play in the SPL.

I'm not sure what your point is regarding the attendance, you can't surely expect more than 2-3k for a town that size, regardless of neighbouring clubs?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Yes but I make no secret of the fact that I like watching Celtic play in the SPL.
Of course you do. You revel in the glory of beating a league of market towns like Perth, Paisley and Motherwell. How the f*** are they supposed to compete? Where is the glory in that?

I'm not sure what your point is regarding the attendance, you can't surely expect more than 2-3k for a town that size, regardless of neighbouring clubs?
Indeed not, so why should we hear about it? Call me when the people of Scotland are subjected to the results from the Blue Square South. Because lets be honest, the clubs that make over half of our Conference teams are bigger than half of the SPL.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Indeed not, so why should we hear about it? Call me when the people of Scotland are subjected to the results from the Blue Square South. Because lets be honest, the clubs that make over half of our Conference teams are bigger than half of the SPL.
Whilst I share your contempt for the Old Firm, their bigoted fans and the dreadful, poisoned traditions and communities that they represent I feel it only fair to point out that whilst the standard is poor the worldwide support for those clubs is huge (the one thing the world will never run out of is bigots ready to keep alive any historical grudge). Sky say that viewing figures for Old Firm games are only eclipsed by Man U and Liverpool ones, so in that respect you can see why the matches are broadcast.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Of course you do. You revel in the glory of beating a league of market towns like Perth, Paisley and Motherwell. How the f*** are they supposed to compete? Where is the glory in that?

Well, there isn't a lot. But it's part of the competition to win the league. And there are also cities like Edinburgh, Dundee and Aberdeen. One could argue where the glory is in watching a big city like Brighton and Hove compete with places like Yeovil, Cheltenham, Wycombe, Hereford, Shrewsbury etc, but we all did so for years and enjoyed it.

I think you'll find a lot of Scottish football fans are well fed up of how much they have to hear about English football all the time. And let's face it, you aren't really "subjected" to a media barrage of St Johnstone v Dunfermline or the like are you? And it is a national top-tier, and whilst it's not great it isn't remotely comparable in terms of standard to conference, which I think you know - in terms of wages paid and calibre of football.

Anyway I don't want to argue all day about Scottish football - as you say it isn't that great, I accept that. I just can't quite get what it has done to offend you so much that everytime anything is mentioned to do with it, you feel the need to belittle it. Well done for supporting a team in the English pyramid which is overall of better standard.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
... One could argue where the glory is in watching a big city like Brighton and Hove compete with places like Yeovil, Cheltenham, Wycombe, Hereford, Shrewsbury etc, but we all did so for years and enjoyed it.

That's not really a valid comparison. We've competed with teams from those places - and have often been beaten by them and finished below them. There's an air of suspense unlike the Old Firm who tend to stuff teams from the smaller towns and cities almost every game season after season after season.

Alex

Nov 3, 2010
You lot are a joke. Rangers - the British club as opposed to Celtic, the IRA loving-British Hating club.

Up the Gers, f*** the pope.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here