Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Celebrities at sporting events

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Seeing all thse celebs at Wimbledon this afternoon got me thinking - how do they manage to get tickets / get invited into boxes etc?

So far today we've seen the Beckhams, Dave Cameron, Boris, Alex Salmon, Ian Hislop, Steve Redgrave...

Do they just say to their agents or whoever "I want to go to the Wimbledon final today, sort it for me?"

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Seeing all thse celebs at Wimbledon this afternoon got me thinking - how do they manage to get tickets / get invited into boxes etc?

So far today we've seen the Beckhams, Dave Cameron, Boris, Alex Salmon, Ian Hislop, Steve Redgrave...

Do they just say to their agents or whoever "I want to go to the Wimbledon final today, sort it for me?"

Cameron probably asks his CITY mates if they have any spares.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Why is the queen not there ?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Don't forget Kate & Pippa.

Geriatric Seagull

Nov 10, 2009
Littlehampton
Strange how Beckham managed to pick up a one match ban last week so he didn't have to play in the States this weekend! As for Cameron etc. - when did they last pay for a ticket?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I'm probably in a minority of one but I think having the British PM there when we have a British player in the final is a good thing regardless of how he got the tickets.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Andy Murray has the same agent as the Beckhams

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
We flew out to Florida a few years ago and there were adverts on the plane magzine for 2 weeks accomodation flight and gauranteed seat for either the Mens or Ladies final so obviously the tickets are available to companies etc..

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
A couple of times the camera was on posh, and she looked miserable as f***. Constantly 'preening' herself, as if that's all she cares about. Which, of course, it is......

Thought that too. She made it fairly obvious she didn't want to be there.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Matt Smith of Dr Who fame was there too, even a Time Lord couldn't fix a win for Murray....

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Andy Murray has the same agent as the Beckhams

I'm on his books too. He got me that McCain's ad with the armadillo gorging on raw potatoes and having such indigestion problems that it pwarped its way out of its armour. I did the groan in the hospital where the armadillo, named Danny, was fed waffles to ease his thick, starchy poo out, by a nurse who was a pine marten called Linda. We shot 8 of those ads. Linda and Danny were to fall in love thanks to the different-shaped waffles that appeared on the market. The first, in time with Valentines, was heart-shaped, you see. Only one was shown and the full range of waffles in all shapes and sizes was discontinued. They thought talk of the waffle without holes would really echo around school halls and working canteens, but it never did. And Linda and Danny were never given a chance to capture the minds of the public.
I asked the agent as to whether i might get a ticket to the final today but he said it would take one hundred celebrities to suddenly fall ill. I had a plan. A plot, if you like. But it would have required more than the fortnight i had to really come to fruition. I only caused serious diarrhea in Gok Wan and Terry Christian. Still, i watched it all in my tuxedo. Just in case. The daffodil affixed to my rented lapel has begun to wilt.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here