Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Caught fleeting glimpse of Argus at station - "We are being forced out"

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Given your self-confessed impatience for instant success, your signature – Jake Forster-Caskey and Lewis Dunk - just watch em go this season - is presumably ironic?

I set my signature a few years ago - even before Dunk and Forster-Caskey had made our first team - so it was certainly not meant to be ironic. Clearly, however, it's now out of date and I've made a mental note to change it later in the week.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
After watching the Bruno, Bridge, and Kush signing interviews on player yeasterday one thing struck me, that every one of those players is convinced we will be challenging to get promoted this season. The difference in language from last year when it was all about consolidation and maybe playoffs is stark.

Our team even with no extra recruits is more than capable of play offs now. Two of the weakest areas have been fixed, we have brought in serious experience, and whilst a CM and Striker would help immensely I'm pretty sure we will be play offs even if they dont arrive.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
A good idea would be to get shot of harley,dicker,sparrow and hoskins,it seems we are stuck with dead wood players which is a pain.Maybe loan these players out if we can't get shot of,but it seems gus isn't fussed about releasing players???

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
A good idea would be to get shot of harley,dicker,sparrow and hoskins,it seems we are stuck with dead wood players which is a pain.Maybe loan these players out if we can't get shot of,but it seems gus isn't fussed about releasing players???
Why would you weaken your hand before your strengthen it?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Releasing these players would not actually weaken us,these are averge sub players at best and it's costing us.Rather some youngsters played instead of those useless gits:)
Don't be ridiculous.
Yes Harley is shit, but he's still better than whoever is left in the development behind JFC.
He may not get a look in this season, but until such time as the player we NEED arrives, he's on a very small midfield short list.

I don't think Tony is backing Gus to the tune that he is, for Gus to 'stick in a couple kids' to spite the players he paid big money for.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Releasing these players would not actually weaken us,these are averge sub players at best and it's costing us.Rather some youngsters played instead of those useless gits:)

I can't imagine Dicker and Sparrow are costing us much to be honest. At the end of the day, both can do a job as a squad player, and they did do on occasions last year. If you could have Premiership level reserve players that would be great, but then that WOULD be costing us, and they wouldn't be happy to sit on the bench (if that).

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Releasing players under contract is costly, and may not be something Tony is willing to underwrite.

I hear the clubs legal bill is already quite large for this summer, so maybe not something they want to 'invest' in further.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here