Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Caught fleeting glimpse of Argus at station - "We are being forced out"

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
panic-button.jpeg

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Like you, I'm positive about the new season and Gus has made some cracking defensive signings, which I've no doubt will consolidate our place in the Championship this year - and I'm very happy about that given how far we have come since the dark old days at Gillingham. Equally, however, I'm hungry for more success and I think the key to this is the signing of a quality attacking midfielder and a championship striker. Indeed, Gus has said as much himself. I don't think we're that far apart on our views in practice but I'm undoubtedly more impatient.

:D

in context you are sot on, but expectations have changed.

today, with what we have I am convinced we are to good to go down, but not good enough yet to get automatic promotion.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
So he MUST bang on about our lack of budget, tell us signings are imminent, or not, comment on Suarez, referees, vacant positions in the Prem, Leeds, etc.!?

Given your continual sniping at the two of them, would it be fair to say that you'd rather Poyet and Vicente were not at the club?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Repeating myself, I know, but I do wish Gus would keep his mouth shut until we have something definite to announce.

No you don't, because then you would moan that we were stagnant in the transfer market and were going to fail because we aren't making any signings. He's asked a question by a journalist, he answers it as honestly as he can. I really cannot believe that people STILL don't understand the way it works. It really isn't that difficult to grasp.

Same old. If we don't get this sorted out, and soon, we are not going to be challenging for the top 6 this season. We are too weak in the midfield and up front. If we had to prioritise and could only afford one player, it would be a midfield beast for me.

Yeah same old rubbish. I mean we never make any decent signings and I'm sick of it. So far all we've done is signed a Manchester Utd goalkeeper, a Man City left back with 36 England appearances who has played in the World Cup, and a right back with over 100 La Liga appearances, 59 of which were for the biggest club in Spain behind Barca and Real Madrid. None of whom are over the age of 31. And it was just the same last year, the rubbish we signed like Vicente, Lua-Lua, Buckley, CMS etc.

Seriously, what the f*** is wrong with you? It's July 11th. The start of the season is 5 WEEKS AWAY. What exactly are you expecting us to do?

I cannot believe that people still don't understand how football transfers and negotiations work, it beggars belief.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Gus in midfield next season. Tony Bloom to play upfront as target man :jester:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Basically we need to be making a signing every two to three days, otherwise people will get bored and start moaning again.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
The start of the season is 5 WEEKS AWAY.

Agree with the gist of your post (if not it's overly aggressive nature) but as for the above comment - the start of the season may be 5 weeks away but the start of pre-season training and team bonding etc. is not.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
I for one was quite excited seeing pre season friendlies starting and getting updates on sky..! The boring summer bit for football is almost over!

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Agree with the gist of your post (if not it's overly aggressive nature) but as for the above comment - the start of the season may be 5 weeks away but the start of pre-season training and team bonding etc. is not.

True, but it's not a disaster if we don't sign them until then. Infact we could still sign them right up to the end of August and it will only be a minor setback I'm sure.

On another point, this time two years ago many on here were moaning about how we weren't making any progress on signing that 20/25/30 a season striker and how we'd struggle to progress without them. Then Murray and Barnes scored a hatful each as we stormed the league. There's no reason why CMS, Barnes, Hoskins et al couldn't do the same this year.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
No you don't, because then you would moan that we were stagnant in the transfer market and were going to fail because we aren't making any signings. He's asked a question by a journalist, he answers it as honestly as he can. I really cannot believe that people STILL don't understand the way it works. It really isn't that difficult to grasp.

Yeah same old rubbish. I mean we never make any decent signings and I'm sick of it. So far all we've done is signed a Manchester Utd goalkeeper, a Man City left back with 36 England appearances who has played in the World Cup, and a right back with over 100 La Liga appearances, 59 of which were for the biggest club in Spain behind Barca and Real Madrid. None of whom are over the age of 31. And it was just the same last year, the rubbish we signed like Vicente, Lua-Lua, Buckley, CMS etc.

Seriously, what the f*** is wrong with you? It's July 11th. The start of the season is 5 WEEKS AWAY. What exactly are you expecting us to do?

I cannot believe that people still don't understand how football transfers and negotiations work, it beggars belief.

I'm positive about the new season and Gus has made some cracking defensive signings, which I've no doubt will consolidate our place in the Championship this year - and I'm very happy about that given how far we have come since the dark old days at Gillingham. Equally, however, I'm hungry for more success, and I think the key to this is the signing of a quality attacking midfielder and a championship striker. Indeed, Gus has said as much himself.

I know how far we are from the start of the season and that we still have time to make the further signings we need but that won't stop me, and many others, from being impatient. Whether you like it or not, we are now in an era where expectations have been greatly heightened and this is something that we've all got to get used to. Incidentally, I'm fully aware of how negotiations work having played a role in the signing of several multi million pound Government contracts over the years but no offence taken!

:D

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Basically we need to be making a signing every two to three days, otherwise people will get bored and start moaning again.

It's like having a creche on here.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I know how far we are from the start of the season and that we still have time to make the further signings we need but that won't stop me, and many others, from being impatient. Whether you like it or not, we are now in an era where expectations have been greatly heightened and this is something that we've all got to get used to. Incidentally, I'm fully aware of how negotiations work having played a role in the signing of several multi million pound Government contracts over the years but no offence taken!

No we haven't all "got to get used to" anything?

Notice how the vast majority of us are staying very calm, very patient and very positive.

KRJ7

Jun 1, 2012
''Yeah same old rubbish. I mean we never make any decent signings and I'm sick of it. So far all we've done is signed a Manchester Utd goalkeeper, a Man City left back with 36 England appearances who has played in the World Cup, and a right back with over 100 La Liga appearances, 59 of which were for the biggest club in Spain behind Barca and Real Madrid. None of whom are over the age of 31. And it was just the same last year, the rubbish we signed like Vicente, Lua-Lua, Buckley, CMS etc.

I cannot believe that people still don't understand how football transfers and negotiations work, it beggars belief''

This x 1billion!

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Mine does fly out occasionally, I will admit. I "don't play well with others".

We're all guilty of that from time to time but the bottom line is (I hope) that we're all united in our love for the club, and our hopes and aspirations for the future.

Last edited:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

This is what I mean about people not understanding how the system works. Every single Manager in the league wants to have his full squad in place by the time they start pre-season training. Not one of them achieves it. It simply doesn't work like that. Most clubs have to sell to buy, I'm sure if we got a couple of million pound offers for Hoskins and Harley, for example, then that would change the players that we are currently looking to buy. Same goes for every other club, every transfer has a knock on effect. Some people seem to think that the second the season finishes everyone starts buying players! They don't, everyone goes on holiday for a month for starters, as they should. And all the players who played in the Euros are probably only just starting to negotiate their transfers now. Yes, not many of them will end up in the Championship, but the players in the Premier League or wherever that they will be replacing, probably will.

It's a big merry-go-round and it takes months. Look at deadline day, that whole farce doesn't happen because Managers were lazy and didn't bother getting the players they wanted signed up quickly, it happens because a few deals finally get tied up, meaning suddenly there are funds available and spaces to fill for the next club, and then the next club, and there's one big chain reaction.

So everyone stop worrying. I cant actually believe people are worrying when we've made potentially the best three signings we've made in the last ten years, and there are still 5 weeks until the season starts and 7 weeks until the transfer window closes. And then there's the loan window.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Sounds like these two will end up being some foreigners we haven't heard of
I'd prefer that than spending over the odds for someone who'll probably be looking at the next deal, in September.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here