Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Caught fleeting glimpse of Argus at station - "We are being forced out"

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I'm getting incredibly close to putting my first ever person on ignore. You are so boring. Change the record.

I tempted to say that the feeling is entirely mutual.

:D

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Because I'm positive and upbeat about the Albion? Wow.

Like you, I'm positive about the new season and Gus has made some cracking defensive signings, which I've no doubt will consolidate our place in the Championship this year - and I'm very happy about that given how far we have come since the dark old days at Gillingham. Equally, however, I'm hungry for more success and I think the key to this is the signing of a quality attacking midfielder and a championship striker. Indeed, Gus has said as much himself. I don't think we're that far apart on our views in practice but I'm undoubtedly more impatient.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Like you, I'm positive about the new season and Gus has made some cracking defensive signings, which I've no doubt will consolidate our place in the Championship this year - and I'm very happy about that given how far we have come since the dark old days at Gillingham. Equally, however, I'm hungry for more success and I think the key to this is the signing of a quality attacking midfielder and a championship striker. Indeed, Gus has said as much himself. I don't think we're that far apart on our views in practice but I'm undoubtedly more impatient.

Fair enough. The players will come. I promise.

(I can't promise that).

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Got caught in this mess too. Left at 6:30 and just got into work. Nice 3 hour journey.

About time you got on with some work (you know the thing you're paid for) and not come on here straight away!:D

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
You're slipping Tim, two pages and nobodies had a go at you.
An Agent. Someone you pay to be mean, greedy and nasty for you, so that people think you're really a good Guy.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Like an old cracked record... can't really see the point of these endlessly repeated budgetary comments from Gus... other clubs, agents and players (as well as us fans, unfortunately) have heard it all before...

Repeating myself, I know, but I do wish Gus would keep his mouth shut until we have something definite to announce.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Does anyone really believe that an Albion manager makes statements to the press about the Club's budget without the approval of the Chairman?

What!? Like the one Gus made about not taking up Vicente's option!?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Repeating myself, I know, but I do wish Gus would keep his mouth shut until we have something definite to announce.

You understand how interviews work, right? Gus is asked question after question pretty much every single day. He has to give answers, they then turn these answers into articles.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
You understand how interviews work, right? Gus is asked question after question pretty much every single day. He has to give answers, they then turn these answers into articles.

So he MUST bang on about our lack of budget, tell us signings are imminent, or not, comment on Suarez, referees, vacant positions in the Prem, Leeds, etc.!?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
So he MUST bang on about our lack of budget, tell us signings are imminent, or not, comment on Suarez, referees, vacant positions in the Prem, Leeds, etc.!?

He has to answer the questions they ask him, yes. Unless he's going to be rude. At the moment the hot topic would definitely be transfers and all things related, so I'm sure he is asked CONSTANTLY about transfer targets, budgets etc.

The Saurez one was a misstep, I think everyone acknowledges that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here