Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Catching the Bus from Lewes

seagull33

Apr 6, 2010
Hi all, Just wondered if anyone went on the bus from Lewes last week or planning to this week ??

Apparently its only £1 to park at county hall and you can then get the bus opposite the black horse pub (well give or take 100 yards)

Was wondering where to catch the bus on the way back, would it be on the uphill slope to the woodingdean turn off or the down hill slope back onto the A27 ....

I am talking about the number 28/29 buses from Lewes by the way

Hi all, Just wondered if anyone went on the bus from Lewes last week or planning to this week ??

Apparently its only £1 to park at county hall and you can then get the bus opposite the black horse pub (well give or take 100 yards)

Was wondering where to catch the bus on the way back, would it be on the uphill slope to the woodingdean turn off or the down hill slope back onto the A27 ....

I am talking about the number 28/29 buses from Lewes by the way
It seems quite a good plan - provided you can park for long enough at County Hall. The Saturday and Evening rules might be looser than the 2 hours restriction that applies on Mondays to Fridays during the daytime.

What you call "the uphill slope to the woodingdean turn off" is where the bus stop for Lewes-bound buses is situated.

There have been roadworks in the middle of Lewes for the past few weeks that have meant diversions for Brighton-bound and Lewes-bound buses that mean that the Black Horse stops (in both directions) have been out of action. It's a week since I used a 28/29 so I don't know whether those diversions are still in operation. It would be worth checking with the bus company.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I have decided to park in the Pell's car park (think its still £1) and walk to the station to get the train. Under 10 minute walk. I was considering getting the bus back but after Saturday the train back seems a fair easy option. Will assess this again after this Saturday though.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
The Lewes diversions end on Sunday, but they are suspended on Saturday. If for whatever reason they are still on, you need to walk a further 200 yards to the Prison. Going back to Lewes is more of a problem if they don't suspend the roadworks as the 28/29 goes into Lewes via the tunnel. You then have to get off at the Bus station, cross the road to Waitrose and get a Brighton-bound bus back up the hill. Or walk.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I have decided to park in the Pell's car park (think its still £1) and walk to the station to get the train. Under 10 minute walk. I was considering getting the bus back but after Saturday the train back seems a fair easy option. Will assess this again after this Saturday though.

Where is Pell's?

Lewes Seagull

Jan 23, 2010
You can buy a seasons worth of rail travel vouchers for £30. That's just over £1 return per match from Lewes.

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Caught the 29 on saturday from outside waitrose. £3.70 return. had a few beers in the sunshine in the volley then straight on the bus to Falmer station.

on the way back, go through the tunnel and then up the woodingdean slip road to the bus stop. Busses every 10 mins i think

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here