Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cashiers first day

Eddie the Seagull

Jul 6, 2003
Crowborough
Went to Sainsbury's & got chatting to the cashier, as you do.

She explained it was her first day & I said; "Take your time, I'm in no rush...."

After she had finished she said; "That'll be £58.19 - do you have a Nectar card?"

"No, I don't", as I handed over £60 in CASH.

"Would you like any cash back?"

I was so tempted to say Yes please to see what would happen, for a laugh, but I didn't want to decimate her confidence on her first day.

Now isn't that nice of me?

:angel:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Perhaps she was angling for a tip?

Exmouth Seagull

Sep 11, 2003
I parked recently in a local pay-and-display car park. I had no change so I went into Somerfield, bought just a couple of things on Switch and asked for £20 cashback. The fun started when I mentioned to the new cashier that I needed the £20 to include some change for the carpark. It took the dim spotty eighteen year old about 5 minutes with help from me to work out how to make up £20 including change. Then I had to sign on the back of the slip to show I had received the cashback. Rather than just putting down £20 he insisted on listing each note and coin I had received individually, this must have taken another five minutes. By the time I left there was a massive queue behind me with loads of people tutting at glaring at me, the cashier and their watches.

Next time I will just chance getting a ticket.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Eddie the Seagull said:
Went to Sainsbury's & got chatting to the cashier, as you do.

She explained it was her first day & I said; "Take your time, I'm in no rush...."

After she had finished she said; "That'll be £58.19 - do you have a Nectar card?"

"No, I don't", as I handed over £60 in CASH.

"Would you like any cash back?"

:angel:

you left without your change? now that was generous!

Scarface

Apr 16, 2004
Burgess Hill
A mate of mine had filled his Subway card so was entitled to a free sub. He handed it over and was surprised to have it handed back! He passed it to his mate behind him and he also recieved it back! This happened several more times and they all went back for a second free one each! We cant decide whether it was his first day or his last! :dunce:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here