Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Carlton Palmer Reckons Falmer Will Get Approval!

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
What the feck has that got to do with anything i hear you ask?

By way of explanation i spent the weekend in London at the Marriott Kensington. Whilsy propping up the bar it was spot the footie players checking in. First off it was Trevor Francis, followed by Peter Beadsley and then the whole of the West Ham squad. I managed a quick chat with their kitman who unfortunately indicated that as Bobby was cup tied he wasn't in the squad and therefore was not checking in.

As it turns out the SKY studious are just round the corner hence Francis and Chris Bisson also checking in (Ex Corrie actor). They both appeared on Soccer AM

On Sat evening Carlton Palmer checked in and on my return from the theatre at about 11.30 he was propping up the bar so i thought i'd have a word. I asked him about Falmer and he seemed confident that we'd get the nod. I said that i didn't share his optimism. As he was appearing on 'Goals on Sunday' i politely asked whether he could give the Falmer issue a quick plug. Rather annoyingly he didn't and he had the perfect opportunity as him and Les Ferdinand discussed Grimsby's winning goal.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
CAFC Matt said:
May I ask how discussing Grimsbys winning goal is a bvery good opurtunity to comment on Falmer ???

Err Its not rocket science. You may recall that we lost to Grimsby and that at the end of the debate about the goal i rather hoped he would just give our campaign a quick mention.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Yeah, I think some of the presenters on TV & radio are getting a bit bored with our campaign e.g. TalkSport. Over kill isnt a good thing but we cant let people forget about it either. Lets hope they dont have to put up with us for too much longer. I long for the moment when Andrew McKenna's headline is " Prescott says YES to Brighton" :clap:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Why were West Ham's players checking into a hotel?? They were playing Fulham....

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
edna krabappel said:
Why were West Ham's players checking into a hotel?? They were playing Fulham....

Yes i thought that was curious and indicative of how clubs just piss money up the wall. They obviously don't trust some of their players to behave on a Friday night or be able to get to the ground on time on the Sat. Aside from the players there were also a few hangers on not kitted out in trackies. When Trevor Francis appeared there was also much fawning.

I can also confirm that Carlton has indeed got big lug ears! With stunning orginality he also indicated that he has opened a restaurant called 'Palmers' in Sheffield. :shootself

I should add that Peter Beardsley has his wife and kid in tow and tragically the boy has mainly inherited his Dad's features:p

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Safeway said:
:lolol: It's been a while, but we got the famous 'whatever' out of you!

Are you going to the Eastbourne United game in the Sussex Senior Cup. Us Eastbourners should meet up for a beer. :cheers:

Whatever is a wonderfully neutral response and infinitely better than me taking the bait.

I shall indeed be there as guest of one of the match sponsors.:drink:

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
chez said:
Yeah, I think some of the presenters on TV & radio are getting a bit bored with our campaign e.g. TalkSport. Over kill isnt a good thing but we cant let people forget about it either. Lets hope they dont have to put up with us for too much longer. I long for the moment when Andrew McKenna's headline is " Prescott says YES to Brighton" :clap:

yeah but talksport arn't getting bored with that shitty Manure saga though.every time i hear it they are going on about horses or horse face.:angry:

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
BRIGHT ON Q said:
yeah but talksport arn't getting bored with that shitty Manure saga though.every time i hear it they are going on about horses or horse face.:angry:

Yeah, they're always on about Man Ure. Talksport does crack me up though, I always wonder how they continue to be relatively serious when 1 of the presenters has been told to hold such a ridiculous view on a subject just to piss people off & get them to ring up, It amazes me how they dont just crack up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here