Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Carlton Cole on a loan to buy deal anyone??

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Not getting a game for WHU. Proven in this division....

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Carlton from West Ham? I'd be happy with Carlton from the Fresh Prince at the moment :)

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks

John Byrnes Mullet

Global Circumnavigator
Oct 4, 2004
Brighton
What is the point in signing Carlton Cole when were just going to play him as a lone striker. Why can't we just play a 4-4-2 with Barnes or Dobie and CMS up front playing off each other. This 1 up front system just does not work and why is Gus being so stubborn and not admit defeat. Even Alex Ferguson changes his tactics.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Marlon King would be a much better shout, someone who can put the ball away and is good in the air. He'd be perfect with CMS.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
It was well known that he had taken a HUGE pay-cut to stay at West Ham when they got relegated, so it may not be totally out of the question. Maybe 50-60k.

I was laughing at the suggestion a player like Carlton Cole could command £80,000 a week. Still makes me laugh thinking about it even now.

It is ludicrous to make such a suggestion. £50-£60k would be similarly embarrassing but sadly more believable. I hope it's not quite that much though frankly, he is a carthorse at the absolute peak of his powers.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Marlon King would be a much better shout, someone who can put the ball away and is good in the air. He'd be perfect with CMS.

Dont ever want Marlon King at this club, good player but because of what hes done, i wouldnt want him.

Again, i want Connor Wickham, would be good providing support to our current strikers and he is a great young player. Sunderland would loan him too.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I know we have an obsession on this board about signing a big target man but our major problem at the moment is not taking the chances we create. I don't know if you have ever seen Cole much but he isn't exactly clinical. We need a finisher.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Connor Wickham is about the only striker that could be a realistic target

I'm going to suggest you don't know of too many strikers then because it's a much bigger market than that.

We're looking for a proper player, not a name. I woukd be happy enough with Connor Wickham, but there are many more options than that one lump.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here