Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Carlos Baleba's stunning start to the season

Jul 2, 2024
Carlos this season has been nothing but brilliant. With the departures of Billy and Pascal there was a door open for Carlos until we made plenty of midfield signings, who you'd expect to be starting ahead of him. With the likes of O'rileys and Wieffers injuries has Baleba cemented his spot in the starting 11 with the way he has performed in their absence?

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Yes. To me he is 100% someone who needs to start as often as possible.
Preferably in a ball winning/box-to-box role next to a more creative player.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Will be tapped up soon enough, I hope he does not throw a strop when it happens and gets all sulky like previous players around Christmas.
Fully expect someone to poach him next summer, we should be thinking of the next in line.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Certainly taken his chance in the side with a run of starting games.

When all the midfield are fit, I fully expect he will retain his place.

No doubt Chelsea are already putting a £100m bid together.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Yes. To me he is 100% someone who needs to start as often as possible.
Preferably in a ball winning/box-to-box role next to a more creative player.

Someone like Mat O'Riley?

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
In a way yes I agree BUT he has given away two penalties in two games. He needs to become a bit more controlled in his own area. A wonderful talent though and one can now see why we invested in him.
Forest. Soft pen but yeah I think it was.
Chelsea. I've yet to see an actual foul in the replays. Is having an oppo player just run into you and fall over a foul now?

There is little chance we're keeping him beyond this season so enjoy. Next £100m player IMO.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Forest. Soft pen but yeah I think it was.
Chelsea. I've yet to see an actual foul in the replays. Is having an oppo player just run into you and fall over a foul now?

There is little chance we're keeping him beyond this season so enjoy. Next £100m player IMO.
I saw a couple of replays, neither were clear. The coverage I watched didn’t even bother with a replay of the foul on Mitoma

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Yeh, Carlos has been magnificent and it's wonderful to see him chip in with goals.

In my view, I don't care who we've signed, none of them are getting in front of Baleba, as long as he retains his form and fitness.

There is a space alongside him up for grabs, but in my view Hinsh has also done enough to get a run in the side.

Wieffer certainly isn't hammering on the door to get a start, but i'm sure he'll continue to get the chance to get up to speed from the bench.

O'reilly and when he comes Gomez will to get the chance to make their case through winter and spring

Milner I see as a 10mins at the end to close down a game type player.

My current 3rd choice is Ayari, who I hope to see get some action, before we likely pack him off on loan in January

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here