Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Carling Cup Final

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
So I suppose the question is, after our impressive display against Brighton, do we stick with the same team or change it up? A couple of question marks over the fitness of Agger and Bellamy which is slightly concerning.

Carling Cup Final: Liverpool Football Club v Cardiff City (Sunday 26th February)

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/premiership/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/12/02/24/manual_103337.html&TEAMHD=premiership&BID=312

I would pick Agger for Carragher and drop Carroll as superfluous. That Carroll is only good at corners and against a three man defence.

Team v Brighton

25. Jose Reina
2. Glen Johnson
23. Jamie Carragher
37. Martin Skrtel
3. Sanchez Jose Enrique
14. Jordan Henderson (76)
8. Steven Gerrard (76)
26. Charlie Adam
19. Stewart Downing (76)
7. Luis Suarez
9. Andy Carroll
SUBS
32. Alexander Doni (GK)
11. Rodriguez Maxi (76)
16. Sebastian Coates
18. Dirk Kuyt (76)
20. Jay Spearing
33. Jonjo Shelvey (76)
34. Martin Kelly

Last edited:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Feel sorry for the Liverpool fans train derailment means no trains out of Lime Street early today not the best way to start the day.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Feel sorry for the Liverpool fans train derailment means no trains out of Lime Street early today not the best way to start the day.

A bit like what would happen if the Ouse viaduct on the London - Brighton line was blocked. I have been on the train journey via Littlehampton on a Sunday. Could not get home before the pubs closed.

Trains can leave from Manchester OK.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Chesterfield
In fairness I really hope Cardiff dick Liverpool this afternoon - all this BS about Wembley being "Anfield South" (despite being the first time they've been to the new Wembley of course). Hate the sense of poxy self entitlement some Liverpool fans seem to possess.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
In fairness I really hope Cardiff dick Liverpool this afternoon - all this BS about Wembley being "Anfield South" (despite being the first time they've been to the new Wembley of course). Hate the sense of poxy self entitlement some Liverpool fans seem to possess.

I agree totally and hope Liverpool score at least three home goals.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Hope Cardiff stuff the dippers.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011

Scousers seen out last night with tool bags wearing blue shirts could explain the missing rails police found this morning.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
BBC Sport - Cardiff v Liverpool

No 0-0 draws.

Cardiff Danger Men: Peter Whittingham (incl. free licks) and Kenny Miller. Any free kicks might cause havoc. And Kenny Miller could pick up on a half chance from a ball into the channels or a cross. But that seems to be it. I just cannot see Cardiff pulling off anything special.

Liverpool Danger Men: practically the whole side.

s5.bha

Aug 3, 2003
Have to go for the underdog, with Bellamy scoring 2 sneaky own goals !

Sent from my bed in my garden shed !

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
My forecast: Maxi to score in extra time to win it for Liverpool.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
sorry can`t bring my self to support a Welsh club over an English one,actualy i am not sorry come on you Scousers beat the sheep shaggers

What so you wouldn't just love to see those smirks wiped off the scousers faces after failing to win a cup yet again? They think they're the shit after not winning a cup for years, think how they'll be afetr winning one.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
What so you wouldn't just love to see those smirks wiped off the scousers faces after failing to win a cup yet again? They think they're the shit after not winning a cup for years, think how they'll be afetr winning one.

Engand V Wales today to me can`t help it, c`mon England

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
So I suppose the question is, after our impressive display against Brighton, do we stick with the same team or change it up? A couple of question marks over the fitness of Agger and Bellamy which is slightly concerning.

Carling Cup Final: Liverpool Football Club v Cardiff City (Sunday 26th February)

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/premiership/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/12/02/24/manual_103337.html&TEAMHD=premiership&BID=312

I would pick Agger for Carragher and drop Carroll as superfluous. That Carroll is only good at corners and against a three man defence.

Team v Brighton

25. Jose Reina
2. Glen Johnson
23. Jamie Carragher
37. Martin Skrtel
3. Sanchez Jose Enrique
14. Jordan Henderson (76)
8. Steven Gerrard (76)
26. Charlie Adam
19. Stewart Downing (76)
7. Luis Suarez
9. Andy Carroll
SUBS
32. Alexander Doni (GK)
11. Rodriguez Maxi (76)
16. Sebastian Coates
18. Dirk Kuyt (76)
20. Jay Spearing
33. Jonjo Shelvey (76)
34. Martin Kelly

Agger in for Carragher. Otherwise the same starting XI that played Brighton.

I could not read the subs quick enough. I expect Carragher to replace Coates.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here