Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cardiff - cheeky so and so's

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I see that its not just us they are upsetting with ridiculous and unrealistic bids for players:

BBC Sport - Cardiff says Blackpool boss

I think whoever is responsible for valuing their targets needs to do a bit more homework!

Top 5 clubs in the country is maybe a bit ambitious for Matt Phillips but he does look like a real talent.

And talking of Phillips, I see Kevin did it again on Saturday, great finish. What a player he is.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Are they fast becoming the the NEW Norwich? Offering shit money for players.

Lush

Mods' Pet
Interesting tactic. Make unrealistic bids. Unsettle players. Watch their performance drop for a few games (see Bennett). Affect performance of other teams doing well in the Championship who might beat you to play-offs.

I said this when news of their bids for Noone and Phillips came out - bidding only £800k for Phillips was much more outrageous than their bid for Noone (although that was also far too low).

And Lush, I agree entirely that's what they were trying to do - but is it 'interesting' or is it scummy? I'd go for the later.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
If that was the intention it backfired spectacularly on Saturday...

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
They also seem to have idea's that suddenly they are a big club in this league who can just pick off the players they want from other clubs around them and that all players would want to join them. The comments from their fans on here a couple of weeks ago regarding Noone suggested this.

When we asked why Noone would want to make an almost sideways step when he was so happy here they seemed to arrogantly assume that of course he would want to join them as they're a much bigger club. The same applies to Phillips at Blackpool. They were actually premier league recently and both us and Blackpool could still finish above Cardiff this season. Its also only a few months since we crushed them at their place.

This sudden investment in clubs that were recently skint seems to breed immediate arrogance - see Southampton FC.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
It must kill their fans to know that Swansea have a far better chance of getting him or any other
player they may fancy.

Not only that but Swansea have been a credit to the Premier League this season and have become a well liked club with a brilliant young manager. Cardiff meanwhile are pretty much hated by everyone.

Last edited:

D

Deleted member 18477

after the past few weeks i thought... 'thats it buckley is def the best winger in the championship' BUT this boy phillips is a real talent! he is also the real deal! yes zaha is tricky and skillful but buckley and matt phillips are deadly!

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
It must kill their fans to know that Swansea have a far better chance of getting him or any other
player they may fancy.

Not only that but Swansea have been a credit to the Premier League this season and have become a well liked club with a brilliant young manager. Cardiff meanwhile are pretty much hated by everyone.

I don't hate cardiff just sayin

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
after the past few weeks i thought... 'thats it buckley is def the best winger in the championship' BUT this boy phillips is a real talent! he is also the real deal! yes zaha is tricky and skillful but buckley and matt phillips are deadly!

Funny how the Palace fans rate Zaha as being worth £10 million when Buckley and Phillips both do all that Zaha does but actually have an end product. Zaha has mustered 2 league goals and 2 assists this season- to put it into perspective, CMS has 6 assists, Buckley has 7 goals in 7 league starts and Phillips has 15 in 28 including his loan spell at Sheff Utd this season.
If Zaha is worth £10 million, both Buckley and Phillips are worth £20 million.

Last edited:

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
And talking of Phillips, I see Kevin did it again on Saturday, great finish. What a player he is.

that was the goal of the day, total class. Even if he'd scored one like that against us I'd have stood & applauded.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Are they fast becoming the the NEW Norwich? Offering shit money for players.

Except Norwich are a more attractive proposition for any player to join, lets face it, Cardiff usually bottle it!

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Interesting tactic. Make unrealistic bids. Unsettle players. Watch their performance drop for a few games (see Bennett). Affect performance of other teams doing well in the Championship who might beat you to play-offs.

We should have played them at the own game. Offer, say, £300K for Whittingham?

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Funny how the Palace fans rate Zaha as being worth £10 million when Buckley and Phillips both do all that Zaha does but actually have an end product. Zaha has mustered 2 league goals and 2 assists this season- to put it into perspective, CMS has 6 assists, Buckley has 7 goals in 7 league starts and Phillips has 15 in 28 including his loan spell at Sheff Utd this season.
If Zaha is worth £10 million, both Buckley and Phillips are worth £20 million.

Ah, but it appears that you don't include points for diving !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here