Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cardiff.....Admin again anyone..... ?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Didn't they take a punt by selling next year's season tickets very early and spending that money pretty much straight away?

Or am I imagining that?

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
What more is there to say about Ridsdale, if anyone ever deserved a disrepute charge...

Wonder what is going to happen to Dave Jones now. All clubs/managers have spats with their local press, but Jones' relationship with the media in Wales is the worst I have ever seen. He is going to get slaughtered in the next few days, and he (or the board) may have had enough after six years. His main beef has been the volume of sensationalist/negative stories, and he has got a point.

As well as calling the local hacks idiots and buffoons, Jones has claimed his fierce critics among the fans are "the ones that have followed the club for five years, not 25 years", and lack perspective. Wonder if that is something that will happen down our way...

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
we dont dont want to may clubs to go into Admin, based upon the above it means only one place left for palarse to fight for!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Ridsdale isn't involved with Cardiff now, he was last seen at Plymouth.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Cardiff now have new Malaysian owners and have no financial worries. Not so sure about Coventry though. Don't think all is well at Fratton Park either.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Ridsdale isn't involved with Cardiff now, he was last seen at Plymouth.

I think we all know that.

I was just surprised to read that one of NSC's favouritest villains was in court a week ago for supposed wrong-doings and I'd not seen it reported anywhere, including here.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In fairness to Ridsdale, he's had nothing to do with Argyle's debts, he only pitched up late in the day when it was obvious to all and sundry that they were headed into administration.

I *think* he's one of the few to have come out of the affair with any credit from Plymouth fans.

Racek

Wing man to TFSO top boy.
Jan 3, 2010
Edinburgh
In fairness to Ridsdale, he's had nothing to do with Argyle's debts, he only pitched up late in the day when it was obvious to all and sundry that they were headed into administration.

I *think* he's one of the few to have come out of the affair with any credit from Plymouth fans.

I know a couple of Plymouth fans here and they are after his blood. Would much prefer he never got involved. He was only in it for the world cup?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
In fairness, had it not been for Ridsdale, Plymouth would have gone.

It was only his realisation that if they failed to pay the Inland Revenue they would become the sacrificial lamb that the taxman has been seeking for years as a way to send a football club out of business and get the rules on preferential football creditors changed. Ridsdale acted to organise the player fire-sale including Noone and Wright-Phillips which enabled the club to pay the taxman and ultimately opt for voluntary liquidation instead of forced closure.

Hate the guy for his past misdemeanours but this time his experience saved the day.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Back to Cardiff, I assume some of their better players will be on to pastures new like Bothroyd, can see a Villa/Everton type club having a punt there. Will be interesting if Bellamy comes back next season.

I haven't paid much interest to them this season, but I saw Koumas and Chopra coming on as subs last night. I have always rated Koumas and I assume he would be the sort of player whose wage demands would be coming down rather than up. I think these are the sorts of players I would like us to be looking at.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here