Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Car then train advice to get to London Excel next saturday for Boxing....

hopkins

Banned
Nov 6, 2003
Brighton
Im looking to drive 75% of the way to the arena then get a train that hopefully will take no longer than 30 mins. Dont want to catch train all the way and presume London will be to chaotic to drive the whole way. Just looking to park at a nice quiet station on outskirts of london.

Any advice.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Im looking to drive 75% of the way to the arena then get a train that hopefully will take no longer than 30 mins. Dont want to catch train all the way and presume London will be to chaotic to drive the whole way. Just looking to park at a nice quiet station on outskirts of london.

Any advice.

Get the train all the way as they are going to be packed and you may have a job getting on up the line

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Id get the train all the way if im honest, theres a website (cant remember what its called) which you can get cheaper train tickets to London with, using your Olympic ticket - on that specific day.

If you want to drive, maybe try the Beckton area, its direct on the DLR to Custom House (for arriving ONLY) and to come back from Prince Regent (can only exit at this station) - all London transport is included in the travelcard you got with your ticket.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
I normally drive to Orpington, jump on a train to London Bridge and get the underground from there when I am heading anywhere in London. You can do all this on a zone 1-6 travel card which is 7 or 8 quid i believe (not done it for a while). The only downside is I imagine no matter which route you are trying to take its going to be rammed.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
leatherhead or redhill both quietish stations with links to london.
The car park is always full with season ticket holders at Redhill, and unless you know the area you will struggle to find anywhere to park in easy walking distance.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Thought about doing that but we're training it - family of 4 - 48 quid - arrive ExCel 11am for 1pm start

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Olympic travel cards are zones 1-9 - in other words from Gatwick

Nope, travelcard only comes into play at Coulsdon South (which is Zone 6), think you could get a return to London Zone 6 from Brighton actually, should cover you the whole way there.

2012 Games train fares - National Rail Games Travel - thats the website i was thinking of. Brighton to London is £4.90 for an adult using FCC only to East Croydon (games travelcard covers the rest) or £10.40 with any company.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
Nope, travelcard only comes into play at Coulsdon South (which is Zone 6), think you could get a return to London Zone 6 from Brighton actually, should cover you the whole way there.

2012 Games train fares - National Rail Games Travel - thats the website i was thinking of. Brighton to London is £4.90 for an adult using FCC only to East Croydon (games travelcard covers the rest) or £10.40 with any company.

my mistake - my uncle was clearly talking shit.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I'm driving to Sevenoaks when I go, you have to pay for Sevenoaks to Orpington but has a bigger car park for the midweek trip but will probably do Orpington for the Saturday trip

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand

Any advice.

Your travelcard is valid from zone 1-9! My advice is to head to somewhere near a DLR station and head towards Custom House/Royal Victoria!

Enjoy the boxing! Hope it's a knockout :facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here