Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Car Insurance rant

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
bloody wankers the lot of 'em, they now have a button for "Claims even if you were not to blame", so I add my details without the incident I had last year (that was'nt my fault and my insurance did not pay out on) and it comes to £397...I then go back and add the Claim that was'nt my fault and the ***** wrap it upto £450......I mean FOR f*** SAKE you get penalised if you make claim on your insurance and NOW you get penalised if you have NOTHING to do with the last claim except the dozy bitch wrote off your car and you did'nt claim but you still get stung for it......f***ing shit :rant:

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
I found this out too! F**king useless! Whats the point of no-claims then!:shootself

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Get a quote from another insurer?

I pay about £200 a year.

Mind you, I am an 85 year old female with a Smart Car.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Use a broker, let them do all the work.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Get a quote from another insurer?

I pay about £200 a year.

Mind you, I am an 85 year old female with a Smart Car.

That should make your premium £200 a day

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
totally agree, i had someone claim against me saying i'd hit their parked car, got a letter from the filth asking if i was in the area at the time so i answered truthfully saying that i was in the area but didn't hit anything and offered them the chance to look at my car at the time which they declined to do. forgot about it til my insurance renewal was up 3 months later only to find that i'd lost 2 years no claims for an accident i wasn't involved in!!!! finally the legal protection i took out instructed solicitors and am now going to county court in june - but even when i'm found not guilty i've lost 2 years no claims cos some low-life scum says i smashed the bumper of his piece of s**t motor!!!!!:rant:

macky

Dec 28, 2004
totally agree, i had someone claim against me saying i'd hit their parked car, got a letter from the filth asking if i was in the area at the time so i answered truthfully saying that i was in the area but didn't hit anything and offered them the chance to look at my car at the time which they declined to do. forgot about it til my insurance renewal was up 3 months later only to find that i'd lost 2 years no claims for an accident i wasn't involved in!!!! finally the legal protection i took out instructed solicitors and am now going to county court in june - but even when i'm found not guilty i've lost 2 years no claims cos some low-life scum says i smashed the bumper of his piece of s**t motor!!!!!:rant:

why is he lowlife scum
how do you know so much about his car
look very guilty to me

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
why is he lowlife scum
how do you know so much about his car
look very guilty to me

seeing as i work in the motor trade i know a little about cars, plus the filth gave me his name, address and reg. unlike many people if i were to hit a parked car i would leave details on it mate!!

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
I made what should have been a very straight forward claim after someone crashed into my parked car. The person responsible left the vehicle behind and was caught on CCTV leaving the scene & and the police arrested them within a couple of days - soundds a straight forward claim doesn't it?

well not quite. Seemed he told his insurers that it was stolen, and my insurers then somehow be so incompetant as to take six months to even get around to contacting his insurer despite having the vehicle details the day after the crash. His insurer didin't even know that another vehicle had been involved. (and a shop had it's window broken too)

the person responsible pleaded guilty to the charges and was sentance to jail, but his insurers still claimed it was stolen and refused to pay oout, even after sending me a letter agreeing the settlement amount and collecting my vehicle (something they later claimed never happened at first until I proveded proof, and then claimed they had instructed a third party company to retun it to me a couple of days after they collected it which was also total rubbish)

After much more stalling over sending out my cheque by asking stupid questions just to cause delay after delay, often questions that had already been answered (imagine how pissed off i was when after a year to get send a letter to provide all the details of the crash, weather conditions, directions of travel, speed etc again, after they had sentme the letter saying that they would pay out and collected the car 7 months after i'd started the claim)

My insurers where as bad, they were very weak willed in dealing with the other insurers, and happy to accept what they said as the truth (it was stolen, then they claimed it wasn't stolen after i got the police to contact my insurers and his insurers, they then claimed it was taken without the owners permission) and so my insurers tried to get me to make my claim through the motor insurers bureau, which would have cost me a big fee and also 2 years no claims bonus - despite the guilty party admitting it in court and being sentanced 6 months prior.

After threatening to take his insurer to court myself as i didn't trust my insurer because i didn't believe that they were acting in my interest, they eventually paid out, 13 months after the crash!!

It shows me exactly why insurance costs are so high, the unnessessary delays and pure incompetance of the people within the industry (continual errors by my insurers for 1) meant that what should have been sorted in a month went on 13 months, i had a hire car for 10 of those 13 months (until the other party claimed that there clients car was stolen, so my insurers refused to continue to supply me wwith one because they thought they wouldn't get the money back (the car came from a company they owned so were making more money from the claim the longer i had it) despite the Police saying that the owner was the driver and was entirely liable

I had a phone call 4 months after my claim was settled after the threat of court action worked from the Police officer who was dealing with the incident to find out if i had received the settlement as the shop still hadn't received its money for the smashed window.

they are very quick to take your money, by very slow to pay up in clear cut cases, which all adds to the cost of the premium everyone pays - also they try to get you to use the motor insurers bureau which saves them the effort of having to do anything themselves - its just one big con.

macky

Dec 28, 2004
seeing as i work in the motor trade i know a little about cars, plus the filth gave me his name, address and reg. unlike many people if i were to hit a parked car i would leave details on it mate!!
so he drives a cheap car and lives in a poor area ?
yea he must be a lowlife scum
they used to say people in newhaven were inbreds
lets not tar everyone with the same brush

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here