Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Car DENT repair.

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing
Friend of mine has managed to put a dent in her rear quarter of her car... a couple of local bodyshops want a couple of grand to fix it mostly by reskinning the whole side at a cost of thousands.

I'm aware that without the reskin the repair would never be 100% perfect but the car isn't worth what the bodyshops want so does anyone know or can recommend any dent repair guys / coachwork type places past the first couple of links on Google?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
That seems a lot !!!! I've had to get similar work done recently and used Autofit in Southwick who are very good. I've also used Ocean Coachworks in Moulsecoomb before and been very happy. Portslade Panelworks do a good job but rip you off for price !

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
R M Taylor caused a small dent in a woman's car last October when he nudged into her vehicle at about 2mph , looked like a £50 repair until she decided to make it an insurance job and claim £800 off his insurance.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
depends on the damage - couple of occassions with dents from other peoples' car doors or a sideswipe with a bumper I've been able to pull the dent out and with a little careful work with a rubber mallet from the inside, touch-up paint and some t-cut I've managed to cover it so it wasn't immediately noticeable and didn't materially affect the trade in value.

Assuming there's no other damage might be possible to look at a new panel and partial respray - got to be cheaper than fancy repairs - depends on the value of the car and what you want to achieve

Last edited:

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
i have a dent in my rearend.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Is the painwork damaged or is it a simple dent?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here