Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Captain Sir Tom Moore - *Died 2 Feb 2021*

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
He's been made an honorary England cricket player too and given a cap.

I doubt he'd mind, but I'm very sorry to Sir Ian Botham, but you're no longer my favourite England cricket player of all time.

I was fine watching the Happy Birthday being sung, the flypast was honouring, but I lost it when Michael Vaughan said he could have his England cap, which was then presented to Tom. He was so proud to be an honorary England cricket player, with Stokes, Root etc all applauding him.
The cake was fantastic.

The Queen has made him an honorary Colonel of the Army Training College.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
£30 million!

[MENTION=4019]Triggaaar[/MENTION] is the resident pedant, he won’t be happy with others wading in
Not at all, I'd rather someone else take my position.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
What the heck is you going on about

The thread is about a truly inspiration old fella, you could've left the last part of your post out of it to try and avoid it being turned into a shitfest the usual suspects thrive on and keep it as a feel good thread.

Brok

🦡
Dec 26, 2011
Posh Spice is a slapper
she's never been a whore,
but when she's shagging Beckham,
she's dreaming of Tom Moore

Last edited:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Focal point for the nation. Genuine Diana moment. We won't see its like again for a while, with all the associated outpouring of... SOMETHING that comes with it. Not a big fan of such outpourings to be honest. That poor old lady they had on the news, or maybe just the local news, just after Captain Tom, is probably still plugging away, trying to reach the summit of Snowdon via repeated ascents of the stairs from her lounge to her loo, bless her. Personally I'd far rather she stay safe in her front room than risk a fall

Last edited:

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Brilliant!!

I stand corrected :)

Screenshot 2020-04-30 at 14.40.48.png

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Excellent news, a truly Great Britain.
After weeks away from NSC, I've come on here to say how dismayed I am at this news. It's simply the Tories
trying to capitalise on popularism, and totally devalues the honour.
When somebody first suggested he should be knighted basically for walking around his garden, I thought it was just a joke. I now don't know which is more laughable; this, or that your post makes you look like you don't realise Briton is a separate word!

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
After weeks away from NSC, I've come on here to say how dismayed I am at this news. It's simply the Tories
When somebody first suggested he should be knighted basically for walking around his garden, I thought it was just a joke. I now don't know which is more laughable; this, or that your post makes you look like you don't realise Briton is a separate word!

Get a grip. A 100 year old surviving super hero, who has changed the world for better. TWICE.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Get a grip. A 100 year old surviving super hero, who has changed the world for better. TWICE.

Agreed.

If you want to rail against honours being devalued there's plenty of places I'd start before I got to Tom Moore.

Special Advisors to David Cameron and Theresa May, for a start, who frankly did **** all except **** up everything they touched.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

I think that's a simplistic view although I agree with you in part.

He fought for his country (in war where we were actually at threat) and has raised over 30 million. That's not to be sniffed at.

His prominence is down to the media not the Government. In fact I'd imagine they are a bit embarrassed. It's exposed (again) that important services rely on charity.

It's actually quite late for the Government to acknowledge him and of course the timing is a bit iffy.

But he deserves it, far more than the 99% of others who are knighted. All veterans who fought in the second world war deserved knighthoods rather than actors who lets face it are reading out other peoples words...

A very very humble man whose instant thought very early on what can I do with the few years I have left to help other people, just like I helped them before.

We can all learn from him. He is a hero.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here