Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Capello has to go NOW

JJB

Mar 16, 2011
New Forest
England are crap. Nothing to do with the manager imo. The only world class players we have are Cole and Rooney. We will not compete at the Euros and nor will we compete in Brazil. This rule regarding home grown players needs to be fully implemented as soon as possible and then developed. As it stands there are too many foreigners in British football no matter what anyone says. By 2016 we need to be seeing match day squads with no more than 3 foreigners in. I believe the rule in Spain is 3 international players in a 24 man squad?

Edit, that's no EU.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
"Er, how did Spurs do last year in The Champions League ?.. Harry was shown up a little there ?"

Qualified from there group, personally I would imagine most Spurs fans would have taken that at the start of their qualifying game. IMO the England manager needs to be someone that can get these over paid prima donnas motivated as I don't believe they need coaching at that level. At the moment I don't see any of the players enjoying playing for the Italian idiot. Harry would get the players playing for him and England.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I know I'm in a huge minority, probably just of 1, but here goes.

I don't have a problem with Capello, all this bollox about English manager for England, is a crock.
'Arry's no manager/coach he's had one half way decent season but failed to win anything or progress.

There is no other English names even considered, which kind of negates the whole argument.

Capello is one of the best managers in the world over the last 30 years, who is working with a mediocre squad.
Well certainly not a squad that Spain, Brazil, Germany (as usual) Argentina (Maradonna aside) et al, would fear.

Once again we will qualify and we will make it out of the group, then we will fail at that level, we are seeded to that level, nobody ever expects us beyond that level.

We can only get worse under a 'passion' first manager, because we'll never get any better, for all manor of reasons.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Great let's all get to the finals and watch us get stuffed by any semi average team!
Because they will still be better than us, no matter who is in charge.

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
After watching the complete load of shite that is the latest England performance surely Capello must go sooner rather then later! I can't remember being quite so bored watching a match. He plays one up front against the might of Wales!
Personally I'd get Rednapp in now! The sooner this Italian buffoon does takes his money and does the off the better!

Whats the point of sacking someone when his about to call it a day *facepalm*

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The best manager for England would be our loss Gus, he has got our limited ability players playing really well just imagine what he could do with talented Premier League players.

Stumpy Tim

Capello took a step forward against Bulgaria with a more youthful looking side and exciting talent moving forward in Young, Rooney, Downing and Walcott. Unfortunately tonight he brought back the lumbering Lampard who has for years been able to hit the ball well, but also slows down any counter attack by being slow and sideways in everything else he does. A midfield with Wilshere in place of Lampard instantly improves things

Why on earth did we start with Rooney alone up front at home to the bottom team in the group?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Capello deserves one more tournament

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Whats the point of sacking someone when his about to call it a day *facepalm*

Exactly. We are "stuck" with him so may as well see it out. Looks like we will qualify. Yes it was workmanlike but at the business end its all about three points.

bn18bloke

May 28, 2011
LA
It was a pile of shite, can't believe it was another game where we played with 4 midfield players who created nothing.
His tactics are all wrong, yes we will qualify, but do you really think we can get anywhere...I think not, and 4th in the World..!
Lets be fair, the Albion would beat Wales

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
"Er, how did Spurs do last year in The Champions League ?.. Harry was shown up a little there ?"

Qualified from there group, personally I would imagine most Spurs fans would have taken that at the start of their qualifying game. IMO the England manager needs to be someone that can get these over paid prima donnas motivated as I don't believe they need coaching at that level. At the moment I don't see any of the players enjoying playing for the Italian idiot. Harry would get the players playing for him and England.

Well if you think that you can take a bunch of top players from a domestic league, throw them together once in a blue moon to play 1 or 2 matches (competitive or friendly) and think that to get them to play well just needs someone to motivate them or to scream and shout at them to get them to play to their full potential then it shows how naive you are.

veade

Feb 19, 2005
Boston
Nice to see John Hartson speak the truth about Capello he mumbles on and bores you to death (a bit like watching England play)

People say its not the managers fault its the players not up to the grade..you only have to look at Brighton to see what a quality manager can do with average players

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Most of the people in this thread are wrong. Tactically he got it absolutely right, Milner to keep Bale out of the game. It worked. We were lucky that Earnshaw fluffed it, and it was a shocking game to watch but sadly, we are talking about England at home here. We got the result, that's all that matters. By the time the actual competition comes around we'll have a proper right back and Jack Wilshere will be the key man in the midfield so it will be much better. Now it's just about actually getting there.

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
Wales aren't crap despite their world rankings, both Ramsey and Bale would be in our team tonight and usually against the lesser teams there are literally no decent players at all who would make our side.

Winning and playing badly is usually the sign of a good team. If Brighton win 1-0 you don't turn around and say we were crap etc, you say how well we ground out a result on an off day so why is this completely different for England?

Not sticking up for Capello as such because I don't think he's the best by any means, but people need to lower their expectation levels and stop getting on the players backs, it's this expectation and criticism that must surely have a massive effect on the players, and all of this because we only won 1-0!? Job done in my opinion.

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
Yeah, sack Capello and replace him with Harry Redknapp, then sit back and watch England win the European Championship LOL

Capello doesn't deserve England, he's done it all as a player and a manager, England as a nation doesn't produce footballers who are good enough to win anything, period

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here