Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"can't be arsed to go to away games"?

Jul 5, 2003
Manchester.
Used to go too all the away games and maybe three home games but now attend all home games and will attend maybe four away games.

The reason is because i spend my cash on merchandise and drink and food. Don't mind spending £40 - £50 a time at the ground as i know it'll help pay for the ground and future investment in the playing side.

ehsecons

Aug 25, 2011
away games are expensive when you count in food, travel and ticket so i can understand ppl maybe not going quite as much

Gangsta

Jul 6, 2003
Withdean
I love away games - travelling to places and chatting to their fans - being part of our very own "Barmy Army" - it's what football is all about!

Very this, plus many other reasons why I love them. With a baby on the way, I can honestly say that this is one of lifes joys I will be sadly missing for a while.

For those who cant be bothered, I think like most things in life : the more you put in, the more you get out.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
With a lot of people buying season tickets I can understand people not having the money for an away game but I can't understand not going because you can't be bothered... I love our new home but will always love the feeling of an away game more.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I may go to more away games this year, because the friends I go with ("new" fans) want to go to some. I haven't been to many because I fear I'm a curse

Oldham 6-1 loss
Notts County Play off
Liverpool 2-2 (fa cup)
Crewe 3-2 (from 2-0 up!) loss

The only game I can think of that we won was a zenith cup match v plymouth on penalties the night john major on control of the conservatives.
I remember a pompy game, but not the result, and one at selhurst which I seem to recall being v charlton, but again can't remember the result.

Gangsta

Jul 6, 2003
Withdean
I may go to more away games this year, because the friends I go with ("new" fans) want to go to some. I haven't been to many because I fear I'm a curse

Oldham 6-1 loss
Notts County Play off
Liverpool 2-2 (fa cup)

The only game I can think of that we won was a zenith cup match v plymouth on penalties the night john major on control of the conservatives.
I remember a pompy game, but not the result, and one at selhurst which I seem to recall being v charlton, but again can't remember the result.

Probably 2-1 to the Albion as I think we only played them there once, might be wrong.

darters74

Jun 9, 2011
All over the place

Oldham 6-1 loss
Notts County Play off
Liverpool 2-2 (fa cup)

I was at that Oldham game. Sat next to John Byrne's cousin who had travelled over from France to watch him, he went off injured after 9 minutes! Superb free-kick from Wendy that game, and got proper smashed on the way home, still a great day out (barring the result obviously)......

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
I love aways just as much as ever , I DO however miss the terraces of the lower league , identikit stadiums just aren't the same.

I will be at pretty much every away game (bar Reading boxing day) , the AMEX changes nothing.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Living in Lincolnshire, I will going to 1 or 2 home games and 8 or 9 away games (Leicester, Peterborough, Hull, Leeds, Doncaster, Birmingham, Forest, Coventry, Derby and maybe Barnsley), however I am tempted to cut 2 away games in favour of one Home game as the prices after travel would be about the same for me :/

For fans in exile most of us travel to away games as they're nearer to get to and costs are less. @ Sleaford Seagull , you need to experience The Amex in person , so go to one game at the expense of 2 aways. It might not work out too expensive as Albion fans (STHs) might want to share travelling costs , I recommend sending a PM to Ludensian Gull.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Love my football, but there are more important thinks to do in life rather than take up a whole day just for a footy match.
Hence why i like the "local" ones only.

The Original

Jan 25, 2010
50.83295°N 0.26815°W

Oldham 6-1 loss
Notts County Play off
Liverpool 2-2 (fa cup)

Rememer the 6-1 defeat on their plastic fantastic pitch! As someone else has mentioned the football (and result) is only part of the experience, some of my best away day memories are founded on crap results.

8 of us did Carlisle away circa 2004, there and back in a day on the train. 18 hour round trip all for a 0-0 draw, but beer and banter all day long. Elland Road 2007, another 0-0 but cracking day out. Losing 1-0 at Hartlepool after sleeping in a lay-by on the A1 on the Friday night - great memories!

Unfortunately MK Dons in April this year ranks as one of the lowest points in my 'away travel' exploits - shite in every possible way!

southern_sid

Banned
Aug 5, 2011
I noticed this comment on another thread. Mentioned in reference to how great the AMEX is and therefore there is less need or desire to travel away.

I suspect that this may be the case but think some of the newer fans will perhaps make up for those dropping off?

Or is it just a financial issue?

Away games are better than home games, that my friends is a fact.

HenryC

Mar 27, 2010
South West!
Surely more fans need to make even more effort to go to away games if some are dropping out in favour of Amex games. The lads NEED our support away from home. Albion away support had always been legendary. We mustn't let it slip.

southern_sid

Banned
Aug 5, 2011
Surely more fans need to make even more effort to go to away games if some are dropping out in favour of Amex games. The lads NEED our support away from home. Albion away support had always been legendary. We mustn't let it slip.

"legendary"

Looking through blue and white glasses there bud.

Been good though, no question.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
With the team playing the way that it is I just want to go to as many games as possible Home or Away!

The Amex just makes it even better.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here