Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"can't be arsed to go to away games"?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I noticed this comment on another thread. Mentioned in reference to how great the AMEX is and therefore there is less need or desire to travel away.

I suspect that this may be the case but think some of the newer fans will perhaps make up for those dropping off?

Or is it just a financial issue?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I noticed this comment on another thread. Mentioned in reference to how great the AMEX is and therefore there is less need or desire to travel away.

I suspect that this may be the case but think some of the newer fans will perhaps make up for those dropping off?

Or is it just a financial issue?

Bit of both as the Amex clearly changes to home match experience from dreary Withdean and also there is a huge squeeze on household budgets.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I love away games - travelling to places and chatting to their fans - being part of our very own "Barmy Army" - it's what football is all about!

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
For the first time in years, I'll be choosing home games over away games with money and time constraints.

The away game buzz is different though, and I'll still have to squeeze in a few.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
I actually prefer away games, I love the atmosphere of everyone who wants to be there in a bunch, but for me personally I currently would struggle financially to go to all away games as I once did

Discodoktor

Apr 28, 2011
Guildford
Portsmouth, Cardiff were wicked and so were all the home games wow!
My barometer is next league cup game and I want it home more than easier to get to London.
At last Home rocks!

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
I think the Amex is wonderful but doesn't compare with a decent away day! The buzz of the train/coach trip with mates, the early starts and being in another town is unbeatable! Be disappointed if the away support slips as taking 2k to places like Bristol used to be class!!

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Home games are more enjoyable for myself as there appears to be a large number of twats at away games dressed in brighton replica shirts. They spend the afternoon repeatedly nudging me and they stand for the duration of the game. I'm at a stage in my life where i wanna sit down and enjoy the football much more than I want to try and wind up the opposition fans.

I went to Pompey but the day was spoilt by some drunk prick who kept treading on my foot, i opted against Cardiff due to the cost of travelling to the game rather than the cost of the ticket

horam267

Feb 24, 2010
Love away games, just cant find time nor the money. So its about planning and working out the major ones. West Ham and Palace etc

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Home games are more enjoyable for myself as there appears to be a large number of twats at away games dressed in brighton replica shirts. They spend the afternoon repeatedly nudging me and they stand for the duration of the game. I'm at a stage in my life where i wanna sit down and enjoy the football much more than I want to try and wind up the opposition fans.

I went to Pompey but the day was spoilt by some drunk prick who kept treading on my foot, i opted against Cardiff due to the cost of travelling to the game rather than the cost of the ticket

Just to clarify I'm not fond of the twats who are wearing replica shirts and am in no way suggesting everyone who wears a replica shirt is a twat. But a few twats do go to away games looking for trouble and I think they may have just sneaked one of our replica shirts as a disguise

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Bloody LOVE going away with The Albion, but just can't afford to do it at the moment. Will still be a going to a few selective fixtures if my bank don't have different ideas. :annoyed:

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Having had to buy both me and Mrs Wellquickwoody a ST it is now harder to justify away trips. In the past I could point to my loathing of Withers and go away reasonably regularly. Now I have only one deffo pencilled in, Selhurst!

Sent from my inbred hatred of all things South London .....HD

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
There's a space in me car for Brizzle if you want it luv x

Awwwww, thanks Lovely! I'll see if I can't do a spot of financial jiggery-pokery & sort summut out. 'Twould be crackin' to conga-on-down for a Brizzle awayday wicha (again!) x x :thumbsup:

ps Is the boy Banana on board yet, or are you yet to apply the ol' thumbscrews?

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Can understand why you'd pick home games now if you're on a budget as it's bloody awesome going to the Amex. That said, away days are a bit different, a day out, and I'll always do as many as I can get away with.

I've been booking away travel very early this year and been getting some massive bargains, like £8/9 quid return to Pompey, £14 to Bristol etc.

SimplyGen

Aug 24, 2011
So you have never been to an away game but given the chance you wouldn't?? Your missing out lad

indeed, nowt better than an away game with the lads, somewhat imbibed travelling at daft am in the morning to watch in my case Sunderland get beat...but in a different ground so its always unique:lolol:

A few drinks, great banter on the train/coach/bus and getting back at daft am in the morning after no sleep ready for work at 7am in the morning, badly hungover, depressed after a defeat and stuck in work.

But all the same looking forward to the next one.....class days, the only negative being the cost given there majority of away games being South of Manchester

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Awwwww, thanks Lovely! I'll see if I can't do a spot of financial jiggery-pokery & sort summut out. 'Twould be crackin' to conga-on-down for a Brizzle awayday wicha (again!) x x :thumbsup:

ps Is the boy Banana on board yet, or are you yet to apply the ol' thumbscrews?

Er, I think he said he's on it. I know messrs Meola and Wilko are game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here