Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can't afford Dean Marney.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Avergae Ipswich players at on 15k.

We cannot compete on wages, yet. We need to slowly grow. This may mean we don't go all out for the Premiership next season. Find by me as as long as we progress..

Yet some people ridiculously think we HAVE to go up next season or ELSE, based on ONE season's spending. Daft.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Has anyone really suggested Bloom must hate it?! I would be staggered if someone genuinely believed that

Lots of dingbats have suggested that Tony must be getting annoyed with Gus's constant moaning about lack of funds. They don't understand how this whole game works. Gus and Tony do.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
"Meanwhile, Albion will not be making a move for Dean Marney, despite reports linking them with the Burnley midfielder, as he is well out of their wage range." Argus

Does this bode well for the close season strengthening of the team?

I would think that it is simply Andy Naylor trying to make out he knows everything again. Does Gus even know what his budget is for next season you? I thought he was sitting down with TB to agree it "soon"?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Lots of dingbats have suggested that Tony must be getting annoyed with Gus's constant moaning about lack of funds. They don't understand how this whole game works. Gus and Tony do.

This. Also might I add that if the RIGHT player became available then they would pull out all the stops (like Vicente for example)

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
As regards Murray, I was told that he was on £4K, Palace offered him £13K, but as he wanted to stay he said he would accept £8K. Probably not a lot of money in this division, but as he hasn't done much this season it looks like we saved ourselves £8K a week. Mind you, we must have spent that much + on CMS's wages, so...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
What makes you think Murray's wage demands were ridiculous? He was our best player last season. He deserved a fairly well improved contract.

Apart from Benno...

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Apart from Benno...

I thought Murray's all round contribution was just that little bit higher. In my opinion, of course.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
All noises out of Palace suggest he's nowhere near their highest earner there.

IMO with Murray we'd be in playoffs this season. He is exactly what we were missing up top.

in which games do you think his 6 goals this season would have made the difference then?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
in which games do you think his 6 goals this season would have made the difference then?

Yes. Because that's how to judge how a SUPERB all round striker (hold up play, link play, passing, movement, heading, defensive capabilities, ability to win fouls) and how he would've done at BRIGHTON, with players he knows.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Yet some people ridiculously think we HAVE to go up next season or ELSE, based on ONE season's spending. Daft.

Who said that? We certainly need to make top 6, i.e. progress, or I believe Gus will get itchy feet... he said we need to keep progressing!

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
What makes you think Murray's wage demands were ridiculous? He was our best player last season. He deserved a fairly well improved contract.

Our star striker is on nearly double what GM asked for (and only a 2yr deal)

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

Er, are you sure about that? From Tony's P.O.V. he has invested a LOT of money in our club... are you suggesting he has told Gus to keep banging on about lack of money? Personally, I don't think so... and, TBH, all it does is make Gus look a bit foolish, given our huge influx of new income, his spending on transfer fees, etc.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
This. Also might I add that if the RIGHT player became available then they would pull out all the stops (like Vicente for example)

Which makes a nonsense of the consistent sniping about lack of budget...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I thought Murray's all round contribution was just that little bit higher. In my opinion, of course.

Fair enough... IMHO, we have missed Benno's creativity a lot more than Muzza's admittedly brilliant play and goals last season...

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Who said that? We certainly need to make top 6, i.e. progress, or I believe Gus will get itchy feet... he said we need to keep progressing!

I agree we need to progress, and we will continue to, but some people have been talking as if we have some divine right to go up, and anything other than promotion will be a failure. Considering the money spent over the last 5 years and wages we pay, that's nonsense.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Which makes a nonsense of the consistent sniping about lack of budget...

True

But is it actually really sniping or is it Gus telling everyone about the budget so we dont get silly prices quoted by other teams/agents/wage demands with Tonys blessing.

Anyway I must admit I thought the thread title was Daniel Marney and I thought well he was a bit rubbish.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here