Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CANCELLED-Albion v. Palace golf day, 1st June, Hassocks

Woodingdean Gull

Jul 7, 2003
Woodingdean, Brighton
Because of the lack of support for the Albion v. Palace golf day booked for 1st June at Hassocks, I have had no option but to cancel it.

For anyone interested, the REMF Charity Golf day on 31st May at Mid-Sussex, has received a good response and is definitely on.

Mods, please make this a sticky.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Unfortunate that nobody wanted to support it :nono: , surely there must be someone out there.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Its a shame and we have had 5 REMF Golf days but the last couple of years numbers have dwindled and we only made £ 60 profit last year. We can try for a REMF Golf day next year again but with it coming so soon after all the efforts for REMF football match , it may be too much asking for support and days off work from our Croydon friends.

I am happy to concentrate all our efforts and energy to the REMF 7 football match and every year after that but I will leave it with Tony who has done such great work this year and previous years for the Golf day.

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
Is it because Hassocks is not exaclty a great golf course ?

Being a golfer myself, I've tended to only select golf events at good gold clubs. Unfortunately Hassocks does not come ito that category.

Oh and I'm not undermining the event/cause, by any means, just the golf course.

cpfc remf captain

Jul 6, 2003
Ding Dong ! said:

Being a golfer myself, I've tended to only select golf events at good gold clubs. Unfortunately Hassocks does not come ito that category.

Hassocks is not great but they charge 25 quid including dinner so we can charge 30 with remf donation and were not going to get that price at any other club.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Woodingdean Gull said:

For anyone interested, the REMF Charity Golf day on 31st May at Mid-Sussex, has received a good response and is definitely on.

Mid-Sussex eh? hope you like the flowers ;)

Woodingdean Gull

Jul 7, 2003
Woodingdean, Brighton
Kylies Stunt Arse said:
Or is it because the two golf days were one after the other? I mean that would mean two days off work for most people, which may make things difficult.

Not knocking the organisers or anything, and I don't play golf at all so I wouldn't be taking part anyway, but just a thought.

There is virtually no overlap from the supporters of either day. The Albion v Palace golf day has, by tradition, been supported by NSC posters, but the response this year has been very poor. rather than hold on for another couple of weeks and lose £50 deposit, it was considered better to cancel now.

Woodingdean Gull said:
There is virtually no overlap from the supporters of either day. The Albion v Palace golf day has, by tradition, been supported by NSC posters, but the response this year has been very poor. rather than hold on for another couple of weeks and lose £50 deposit, it was considered better to cancel now.

Fair enough. Like I said I wasn't having a go. Just offering a suggestion as to why it wasn't taken up this year, albeit an incorrect one I can see now.

Woodingdean Gull

Jul 7, 2003
Woodingdean, Brighton
Ding Dong ! said:

Why not get a four-ball up and enter the Charity day. Excellent trophies and great raffle prizes. Took a society to Mid-Sussex last Friday and had an excellent day.

If you want to pm me with your email address, (or postal address), I'll get an entry form out to you.

Tony.....

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I still say a pitch and putt, or a crazy golf day would be good. Less time on the course and more time in the pub.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here