Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can we start the Olympics again please?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Why win medals when we can indulge in some great British DISAPPOINTMENT? At least we are not being let down on that score, quite exemplary underachievement so far.

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
I'm currently in the process of applying for Chinese citizenship ( for two weeks only every four years ) Knowing my luck I'll probably get and have to do national service marching up and down that bloody wall of theirs.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
What medals have we missed out on that we were hopeful of winning aside from Cavendish?

Tom Daley. Wasn't favourite for Gold, maybe silver, got - nothing. Still has his individual event to go though.

I think we're going to have an Olypmics of "almost, but not quite" in a lot of cases.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
A superb clear round over Cross Country from Zara Phillips, has just put our Equestrian team well out in front for the team GOLD, with our first three riders round, sitting in 2nd, 5th and 9th place in the individual standings.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
What medals have we missed out on that we were hopeful of winning but missed out on aside from Cavendish?
Cavendish was a big one and has set the tone.

Since then, I think an Adlington gold, the diving just gone might have got us a silver, and a Miley bronze was also hoped for - some of those were perhaps a little unrealistic, but the diving wasn't. And Ainslie is not bossing the sailing as hoped.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
A superb clear round over Cross Country from Zara Phillips, has just put our Equestrian team well out in front for the team GOLD, with our first three riders round, sitting in 2nd, 5th and 9th place in the individual standings.
Yey! We ought to be half decent in the SNOOTY sports, and the sitting down ones.

So why aren't we challenging the dog munchers in the posh darts? (aka archery) Get Phil The Power Taylor in there FFS.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
QUOTE=Simster;5065276]Cavendish was a big one and has set the tone. /QUOTE]

Poor guy, I felt for him. I know nothing about cycling but I had to laugh at the comments about no other countries helping Team GB though

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Adlington nor Davey were expected to achieve gold.

In the case of Adlington she swam faster than last year but the field was stronger.

Anslie is not doing bad at all considering this stage of the competition.

The athletics and swimming should give us some joy later today.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

In the case of Adlington she swam faster than last year but the field was stronger.
Who is Davey? It wasn't that Adlington wasn't expected to achieve gold, it's just that no-one really seemed to know where she'd be until she just sneaked into the final!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If we start again, who is gonna replace McCartney?

mike79

Sep 28, 2005
Bournemouth
Tom Daley. Wasn't favourite for Gold, maybe silver, got - nothing. Still has his individual event to go though.

I think we're going to have an Olypmics of "almost, but not quite" in a lot of cases.

daley was 7/2 just to get a medal today! but don't let that get in the way of your negativity

mike79

Sep 28, 2005
Bournemouth

Anslie is not doing bad at all considering this stage of the competition.

The athletics and swimming should give us some joy later today.

we'll win a truckload in the rowing from wednesday too

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here