Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can London get the 2012 Qlympics?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
No

The Africans( of course they love us when we are buying the band Aid single etc etc) and South Americans hate us therefore we will not get their vote.

I really dont know why we bother:(

Dave the controversialist:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Last edited:

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
The Qlympics you say? Probably, as most people would spend most of the fortnight in queues for buses, tubes, trains and hopelessly over-stretched facilities.

As for the Olympics, no chance. Paris will get those.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
We all support the bid, we are just realists and as far as I see it there is no point in getting all excited about it as we know from the Manchester bid when everything was in place, the African countries all voted against us.......

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
don't get me started on that one for gawd sake:angry: :angry: :angry: :lolol: :lolol:

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
I'm not sure this country would be able to cope with the amount of decisions that have to be made between now and 2012!! Not to mention all the planning permissions that would have to go through....

Should be ready for the 2052 Olympic bid though....

We are over critical of the Public Transport.

The Olympic Zone has nine stations within it, that's more than most world cities.

The transport needs investment in the rolling stock and the quality of the stations, some are absolutely frightening.

But we can ship in and out all of the spectators. They reckon over a 100,000 can be shipped in or out every hour!

Its going to be the only City, where all the major events will take place in one area.

In Paris for instance its over two sites. Which is not wanted by the Olmpic committee.

We can do it if we want to. Look at some of the huge projects going up in the Centre of London, some of these are billion £ investments.

Lool at Wembley and Arsenal grounds being built on time and at the same time.

How many other cities can do that?

As per usual we talking our selves down.

As an east end resident, it will be the best thing for the area, give us the investment that West London and other UK areas have taken for granted. And may even attract the Wessies eastward for more than just a curry down Brick Lane.

LC

Faldo

Jul 7, 2003
Paris will get it.

London isnt ready, and no-one wants to fund it (buggered if im paying hikes in income tax).

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
London Calling said:
We are over critical of the Public Transport.

The Olympic Zone has nine stations within it, that's more than most world cities.

The transport needs investment in the rolling stock and the quality of the stations, some are absolutely frightening.

But we can ship in and out all of the spectators. They reckon over a 100,000 can be shipped in or out every hour!

Its going to be the only City, where all the major events will take place in one area.

In Paris for instance its over two sites. Which is not wanted by the Olmpic committee.

We can do it if we want to. Look at some of the huge projects going up in the Centre of London, some of these are billion £ investments.

Lool at Wembley and Arsenal grounds being built on time and at the same time.

How many other cities can do that?

As per usual we talking our selves down.

As an east end resident, it will be the best thing for the area, give us the investment that West London and other UK areas have taken for granted. And may even attract the Wessies eastward for more than just a curry down Brick Lane.

LC

I agree that the Transport is not really an issue and London has to deal with millions of commuters everyday. I never had an issue with it when I was working there.

My issue is with a country that does not support sport (Brighton, Wimbledon, Wrexham...) and yet feels it is worthy to host the Olympics. I would like to see some of the 'billions' being invested in our domestic sport before it goes on Olympic bids.

What is going to happen to all the stuff they build after the olympics? look at Baralona.

Lammy said:
I'm not sure this country would be able to cope with the amount of decisions that have to be made between now and 2012!! Not to mention all the planning permissions that would have to go through....

Should be ready for the 2052 Olympic bid though....

All the necessary Planning Permissions have already been obtained.

The Olympic Pool has just gone out to open bidding to world architects . It will be built by 2007.:flameboun

The first Olympic Pool in London.:censored:

LC

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
pasty said:
Sweeping generalisation alert................no we don't.

Ohhh yes we do.........

Xmas panto audience participation alert:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
London Calling said:
All the necessary Planning Permissions have already been obtained.

The Olympic Pool has just gone out to open bidding to world architects . It will be built by 2007.:flameboun

The first Olympic Pool in London.:censored:

LC

Personally I'd rather Wimbledon played at Plough lane, Wrexham survive and Brighton get a stadium before a swimming pool is built in London.

Just goes to show how easy it is to rush through planning permission when there is BIG money involved! :censored:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I've been very impressed with what I've read and seen about the London bid, and hope that it is successful. There does not seem to be any reason at all why the Games should not be held here.

I think that it would be out of order for France to get both the World Cup AND the Olympics within a relatively short space of time.

Also, I think it's about time the IOC returned the favour to London for stepping in and hosting the 1948 Olympics at short notice after World War 2.

Do I think we'll get it - no...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here