• Very Unlikely - Will settle for playoffs

Votes: 29 46.8%
  • I Don't like your posts anymore JBH!

Votes: 2 3.2%

• Total voters

jeremy beadles hand

Jul 31, 2003
Hangleton
I know maybe a bit of a long shot but can Brighton bring in 7 or more point than qpr in their run ups to the end of the season securing a guaranteed promoting position.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
yes , i can see us getting 7 more points then QPR , gonna be close though , go down to the final day

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
No problem. QPR are stuttering, this weekend is massive, we need to all get to Hillsborough and make sure we pick up three points.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Be fun finding out :D What was a flat and frustrating season is suddenly what all Albion season's seem to end up being - nailbiting, don't you love it :clap2: :clap2:

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
Very Unlikely. QPR's home record is formidable and they have a game in hand on us as it is (That is away though). Realistically, QPR would be looking at a minumum of 10 points at home, 4 away leaving them on 84 points at the end of the season. That being the case we would need to win 7 of our remaining games and draw one to finish ahead of them. Iwelumo looks a good signing but our play is nothing if not predictable and teams will start working our play out soon - We cant expect a run of the above proportions.

If it was just QPR then maybe, just maybe we would have a chance but given that Bristol City and Swindon also have games in hand, we can forget Automatic promotion. I'd take 5th now given the choice.

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
I kind of hope we have to settle for the playoffs - I've just booked a flight home so I'm around for the end of season nerve-fest. :lolol:

Seriously though, I reckon it's possible, if we close it down by four or five points over the nest few games they'll start bricking it. Long shot, but who knows? :clap2: :clap2:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I think we have to allow for Bristol City and Swine-don as well.

Too many clubs to get past I think, but I'll settle for the play offs and getting ourselves bang in form at just the right time.

Luton in the semis, and Bristol City in the final please.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Hannibal smith said:
I'd take 5th now given the choice.

Are you mad? Given the choice of automatic or fifth you'd take fifth?

:shootself

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
Lammy said:
Are you mad? Given the choice of automatic or fifth you'd take fifth?

:shootself

Percentages thats all. We are 6 points ahead of Luton (as well as Bournemouth and Hatlepool who also have games in hand), they have 2 games in hand and we are 7 points behind QPR who have one game in hand on us.

Despite the wave of optimism that has swept the board we are still more likely to miss the play offs than get automatic promotion. Therefore I'd take the play offs now.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I will keep believing that we can do it until it is mathematically impossible to do it.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Hannibal smith said:
Percentages thats all. We are 6 points ahead of Luton (as well as Bournemouth and Hatlepool who also have games in hand), they have 2 games in hand and we are 7 points behind QPR who have one game in hand on us.

Despite the wave of optimism that has swept the board we are still more likely to miss the play offs than get automatic promotion. Therefore I'd take the play offs now.

I see what you're saying but I just feel that with our run-in being that much easier than the others (who are all playing each other and thus points must be dropped) we are closer to the top than missing out on the playoffs.

Why oh why did we leave it this late to hit form!!?

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Lammy said:
I see what you're saying but I just feel that with our run-in being that much easier than the others (who are all playing each other and thus points must be dropped)

If they're playing each other, points must also be won. And we have to overtake more than one team. This doesn't necessarily help us.

Bristol City away is the big game now, but I honestly can't see us finishing above 4th.

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
Bristol city are away at tranmere tomorrow in there game in hand, if they win that they will go above QPR, but QPR will have one less game, Bristol city's run-in is hard and i think we could manage it but it will be very hard aslong as we pick don't lose at hillsbrough and aston gate then we will be in with a chance

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
filthy said:
... as long as we pick don't lose at hillsbrough and aston gate then we will be in with a chance

Nah, we have to WIN at rubbish like Sheffield Wednesday if we want to be in with a chance of automatic promotion. If we don't then we can kiss automatic promotion goodbye and concentrate on finishing 4th (i.e. above Swindon) which will give us home advantage in the second leg in our play off match.

Sergi Gotsmanov

Feb 23, 2004
West of Palookaville
If those country boys can win 11 games on the bounce then so can we.

This division has proved that you don't have to be that good to win games.

As long as the back 4 stay strong I think we can do it.

I wonder what the odds are now. 40-1 a couple of weeks ago.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here