Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can anyone shine any light on this?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
For a while now we've had a feature on the homepage of www.oldfootballshirts.com

"Top 5 shirts viewed in last 7 days "

This has been mostly populated and dominated by the obvious, Engerland, Man U, Arse, Liverpool etc, but for some reason, this week people have viewed this shirt the most;

http://www.oldfootballshirts.com/Brighton-&-Hove-Albion-football-shirt-number-308.html?nc=1

The site gets well over 10000 new unique visitor hits a month, in fact from 14th Jan to 14th Feb there were 14000, making well over 20000 visitors a month in total, all of them looking at all sorts of shirts, so how come this week they've been looking at an obscure Albion shirt????

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Are you trying to beat last month's total by posting a random quetsion about your website?
:p

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Has it been found by thousands of ageing illiterate England fans, who were searching Google Images for pictures of "Nobo Styles"?

Just a thought, like.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
Are you trying to beat last month's total by posting a random quetsion about your website?
:p

Now that would be a terrible thing to do, of course that is not the reason why, but I suppose it might get a few more hits :jester: Seriously, of course not, just interested to see if anyone had an idea why a Brighton shirt should have been hit on so often.

Has it been found by thousands of ageing illiterate England fans, who were searching Google Images for pictures of "Nobo Styles"?

Just a thought, like.

Now that I like :clap2::clap2::clap2:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
Well, how very bizzare, now there are two Sheffield Wednesday shirts that have come out of the blue and eclisped the Brighton shirt, by quite some margin.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
It WAS the ULTIMATE fashion accessory!!!

not as ULTIMATE as this number I will be wearing on Tuesday

football_shirt_2365_1_400x0.jpg

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Well, how very bizzare, now there are two Sheffield Wednesday shirts that have come out of the blue and eclisped the Brighton shirt, by quite some margin.

Are they hotlinked at all? That might be the reason. I did see a load of John Crumplin era shirts come up on ebay in the last few days.

p.s. I assume you know what hotlinking is, Phil?

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
No idea but I've refreshed a few times to help get it to number 1:thumbsup:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
not as ULTIMATE as this number I will be wearing on Tuesday

football_shirt_2365_1_400x0.jpg

Nah, this is the ultimate

football_shirt_30_1_400x0.jpg

Are they hotlinked at all? That might be the reason. I did see a load of John Crumplin era shirts come up on ebay in the last few days.

p.s. I assume you know what hotlinking is, Phil?

No, not the case, it's a little odd but I understand what you mean about that era shirts on ebay, but mine are not in any way linked onto there.

As I said before, normally the big 5 or 6 teams are then, occasionally, if someone on a forum somewhere, posts a message referring to, for example, a Wrexham shirt, then you get a glut of visits to that shirt, but then it settles down nicely. But first the Brighton shirt, then the two Wednesday shirts, most odd. Also, I have checked the visitor sources, and there is no extra activity from NSC or any other Brighton site, or from any Wednesday sites. It is especially suprising when you consider the relativly large numbers of visitors we get, for so many of them to be viewing, again obscure, Sheffield Wednesday shirts.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
No idea but I've refreshed a few times to help get it to number 1:thumbsup:

Very kind, sadly it is set to only accept one visit per IP address (I think that's the correct terminology) i.e., once you have visited it once, through the team page, than that is the only record of your visit.

Also that just by clicking on the front page link won't register a visit, you have to visit the team page, then click on it.

Otherwise anyone visiting the site homepage, might click on the most viewed shirt, just out of interest, and the result would be that shirt would never be knocked off the top.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Very kind, sadly it is set to only accept one visit per IP address (I think that's the correct terminology) i.e., once you have visited it once, through the team page, than that is the only record of your visit.

Also that just by clicking on the front page link won't register a visit, you have to visit the team page, then click on it.

Otherwise anyone visiting the site homepage, might click on the most viewed shirt, just out of interest, and the result would be that shirt would never be knocked off the top.

Oh fair enough, glad I didn't do it too many times then:wave:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Hey Brett I could wear mine then we would look WELL GAY x

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here