Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can anyone jolt my memory over an away game at Bournemouth

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
I went to Dean Court in the 90's with a friend as a last minute whim i recall, and all the way by car we were concerned about the game being off as it was absolutely pouring with rain, I recall sitting in the main stand, near what was away end. the score was a win to us, and i think was 3-0? maybe 4 even. my mate reckons im dreaming it lol

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
Found it, Feb 1995 won 3-0

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
That is the game I always regarded as the wettest I ever got at a game (until Millwall at home three years back)
I had to make an unscheduled stop at my parents' in Poole on the way back for a complete change of clothes.
Bloody awful on the open terrace.

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
That is the game I always regarded as the wettest I ever got at a game (until Millwall at home three years back)
I had to make an unscheduled stop at my parents' in Poole on the way back for a complete change of clothes.

thats how i remember it mate, was luckily in the stand but the rain was horrendous throughout

highway61

Jun 30, 2009

seem to recall we scored twice at home end? one at away end. not sure of scorers though

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
Got absolutely drenched. I had to stop at my Mum's on the way home to Kent to dry off.

And I can confirm the rat story. There was a drowned one in the bowl.

Aug 21, 2006
Royal Arsenal
Who was the bloke we had on loan, from Celtic I think, who scored a 30 yard lob in the 3-0 win (again, I think). Was it Paul Byrne, or something? I know I could Google it, but I;d rather test your knowledge on this Saturday morning!

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
I was there. I was only 10 at the time, me and my dad drove down, and we were really concerned it would be off. We kept stopping at payphones and rinigng the club to check it hadn't been posponed. (this was a bit before mobile phones became the norm). We deffo won 3-0 and if my memory severes me correctly Jeff Minton scored twice and Junior Mcdougald once. It was only my second ever away game.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I recall the Chappers goal but had a feeling that was a different Bmuff game to the one above.

Aug 21, 2006
Royal Arsenal
I was there. I was only 10 at the time, me and my dad drove down, and we were really concerned it would be off. We kept stopping at payphones and rinigng the club to check it hadn't been posponed. (this was a bit before mobile phones became the norm). We deffo won 3-0 and if my memory severes me correctly Jeff Minton scored twice and Junior Mcdougald once. It was only my second ever away game.

I must be thinking of a different game then. I have been to Bournemouth a few times and never seen us win, so you're one up on me!

ds4000

Sep 4, 2010
Was the Chapman goal not a last minute equaliser in a 3-3 draw, ring any bells?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Who was the bloke we had on loan, from Celtic I think, who scored a 30 yard lob in the 3-0 win (again, I think). Was it Paul Byrne, or something? I know I could Google it, but I;d rather test your knowledge on this Saturday morning!

Yep, paul byrne. According to wickipedia he scored one goal in 8 appearances.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here