Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

can anyone explain what went wrong last night

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
not wanting to be accused of being arrogant but i thought we would get an easy 3 points last night , we were obviously out played ,out fought and out done by a team that are apparently relegation candidates........can any one in the know tell me , as a person who didn't see the game , what went wrong , this for me is up there with the 7-1 hudds and 5-0 palace results from days gone by............what the f*** is harleys' problem , is he a piss take or what, i'm know i'm not the only one who was gutted at this result, i honestly don't get it....1-0 up after 7 minutes , we should have twatted them......what happened.:moo::moo:

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Palace wanted it more, their players and most certainly the manager understood what the fixture meant to the fans. The only people in the stadium who didn't get it were the Brighton players, who simply didn't turn up. Althought I don't think Poyet got it right tactically last night either.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
combination of they wanted it more and they are not as bad as some (even some of their own fans) have said. played a bit more football than we were expecting and didnt get frustrated when not in possession.

some tactical lessons to be learnt, especialy that CMS cant lead the line on his own if theres no supply, and we need to close the gap between our defense and midfield. for all the space it gives us to pass around, if we dont have the ball it means the opposition can pass it around at will instead.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
we bossed the first half and should have taken advantage then - we desperately needed a second goal which we didn't get

Our subsitutions affected us more than Palace. After they came on we lacked a midfield presence, both Vicentes looked off the pace of the game - moreso than Harley had been, and Palace brought on a quality player with a terrific goal record for them (Ambrose)

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
We took our most effective player off with half an hour to play, whereas they left theirs on, and we then started playing long ball to our imaginary target man.

Basically Palace wanted it more, and deserved the result because they fought for it.

They will no doubt remain as smug as they always have been - maybe I'll finally get to see us beat them at home next season...

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Bad day at the office!

To start so well (for a change) was fantastic. Credit to Palace they just closed the ball down and we had to resort to playing a longer ball which just is not the Gug Way.

We don't seem to have a Plan B and I feel so sorry for CMS as he just doesn't get quality service and ends up by works his socks off to make his own chances (goal excluded).

Barnes is getting better but he is not a wide player or a midfielder, if Barnes plays it MUST be up front with CMS and not behind him. Sorry but Harley was just out muscled last night and looked a bit like a Show Pony.

At the end of the day Palace learnt as the game went on and broke down our system and we just didn't / couldn't react.

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
Last night we were exposed as lacking in most areas.

We have League 1 players who arent up to it - Dicker, Painter, Sparrow.

We have expensive £1 Million+ players who cant even get near the first team for various reasons - Hoskins, Buckley.

We have a midfielder who cant be arsed - Harley.

We have KLL - who chases the ball like a kitten chasing a ping pong ball.

The only player who caused any real damage last night got subbed - Noone

Seeing Murray last night bought home what he had brought to to the team previously - what a massive mistake to let him go, and so cheaply.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Am i the only 1 who think's Palace weren't that good? We were just shocking in second half. We gave them the win, they didn't even have to go and get it. Harley apart from a decent free kick has shown nothing for me and looks a complete waste of money. We need to give Caskey a chance

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
We took our most effective player off with half an hour to play, whereas they left theirs on, and we then started playing long ball to our imaginary target man.

Basically Palace wanted it more, and deserved the result because they fought for it.

They will no doubt remain as smug as they always have been - maybe I'll finally get to see us beat them at home next season...

:lolol:

Smiling Morethan U Gayboys

Brian Riggs

Aug 7, 2009
Am i the only 1 who think's Palace weren't that good? We were just shocking in second half. We gave them the win, they didn't even have to go and get it. Harley apart from a decent free kick has shown nothing for me and looks a complete waste of money. We need to give Caskey a chance

No you're not the only one, I do too. They were there for the taking after the first goal went in but we didn't take advantage. As for the 2nd half, well...

This was Poyet's 102 game in charge and it's the only time I have felt let down by them. Not bad, 1 in 100 but why against THEM?

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
they scored three and we scored one

Lush

Mods' Pet
Don't forget too that Glenn knows how we play very very well. He didn't waste energy chasing our defenders around hoping for a misplaced pass (a la CMS?), but was in the right place to put pressure on when the opportunity was there. It was masterful - and damn annoying - to watch.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
not wanting to be accused of being arrogant but i thought we would get an easy 3 points last night , we were obviously out played ,out fought and out done by a team that are apparently relegation candidates........can any one in the know tell me , as a person who didn't see the game , what went wrong , this for me is up there with the 7-1 hudds and 5-0 palace results from days gone by............what the f*** is harleys' problem , is he a piss take or what, i'm know i'm not the only one who was gutted at this result, i honestly don't get it....1-0 up after 7 minutes , we should have twatted them......what happened.:moo::moo:

I can explain.

Were not as good as we'd like to think we are. All the hype around the new stadium and a few decent early season results have given a, somewhat, distorted picture of what we are really capable of.
We have numerous league1 players playing at present who are just not up to this standard and are now getting found out. Unless we change things quickly we will end up losing a lot more than we win in this league.
Painter, dicker, harley, navarro, sparrow, ankergren just to name a few regulars are quite simply lower league footballers. No pace,no real quality, just running along happily on the amex gravy train.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
The impression I got after the first 20 minutes or so, was that a cricket score could be on the cards.

Unfortunately Palace then did what I've seen a few teams do this season and that is overrun the midfield. They were quicker to the second ball and with the exception of Bridcutt, we looked lightweight.

Littlehampton Palace

Littlehampton Based Palac
Nov 5, 2007
LITTLEHAMPTON
Who said we weren't that good? granted the 1st 20 mins I honestly though you were going to tonk us 3-4, then after that we ran you ragged until the legs fell off the Bha players, if Murray's shot hadn't glared wide and your defenders clearance off the line it would have been 1-5 so dont be giving it all the Palace weren't that good Bulls poo:lolol:

What a day, what a night, a week, a month, a year :rave::bowdown::bowdown:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Who said we weren't that good? granted the 1st 20 mins I honestly though you were going to tonk us 3-4, then after that we ran you ragged until the legs fell off the Bha players, if Murray's shot hadn't glared wide and your defenders clearance off the line it would have been 1-5 so dont be giving it all the Palace weren't that good Bulls poo:lolol:

What a day, what a night, a week, a month, a year :rave::bowdown::bowdown:

The only joy I can take from this post is that you live in Littlehampton. Surely even Croydon would be an improvement on that?!

Y Ddraig Goch

Sep 28, 2011
The Doog made a massive difference. In a derby like this where we haven't played each other for a long time, it needed someone who appreciated just what it means to BOTH sets of fans. Apparently he sat the team down at the weekend and told them what it meant, past encounters etc. Enough to give that extra 5%, the difference between losing and winning.

Judging by some of Poyet's comments he hasn't appreciated what it means to the fans. Yes it's only three points but for now we have bragging rights and will always know we inflicted your first league defeat at your shiny new ground. You can never erase that. :cool:

As an aside, some of the fans on here need a reality check, you forget how bad things have been recently, you're making good progress with a good manager. Mid table would be a good season for you (as it would for us)

Littlehampton Palace

Littlehampton Based Palac
Nov 5, 2007
LITTLEHAMPTON
Yes Littlehampton it is an improvement in Croydon but some dodgy areas in L'hampton such as Wick,have to admit that place reminds me of home,
But thinking about it the Hikers rest and Newick road area's arent excatly paradise are they????
For the record I love living in Sussex.
Amazing amount of lovey ladies around the Uni area yesterday, thought I might perve in the Stammer park one sunny day, am sure i've got some binoculars somehwere:drool:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here