Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Campaign for "Sussex By The Sea" - PETITION

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Right. The time has come to stop the hand-wringing and the ineffectual messages to "Ask The Club".

We need to let the powers that be know how much interest there is in singing SBTS properly pre kick-off at The AMEX and to mount a proper CAMPAIGN.

As a first step I have set up an on-line petition that can be signed and will be useful as an easy way for people to register support.

Petition for Singing SBTS

Please click on the link in the line above to sign yourself and then spread the word to as many contacts as possible as quickly as possible.

Last edited:

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Great to see some quick responses...

Add a comment and any suggestions you have. One of the things I think will be brilliant about it will be the images that can be used in the on-screen presentation - mixture of links to tradition of song, Sussex the county and Albion the club...

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Done. Emailed loads of people.

Enough sign, the club will take notice.
Nice one Soul Finger...

Anyone who takes the trouble to e-mail/Tweet/Facebook their contacts and get them to sign too is obviously playing a vital role in helping this to fly... with enough interest the club will surely go for it.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
They might ask that Franki Coccedup to sing it on the pitch before KO lol

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Should get a new version but with them words before kick off, not just the tune but the song aswell.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
signed and sent around Facebook
nice one... 32 signatories in first few minutes (and only a couple of those are my contacts...)

Can people post back in here to say "DONE" and to bounce the thread until one of the mods can make this a sticky please for a while...?

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
have tried to sign but is not accepting my e-mail address for some reason, tried again but still the same.
Don't understand that as it doesn't seem very fussy about e-mail addresses... e.g. JohnSmith@hootmail.com wasn't a problem...

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
nice one... 32 signatories in first few minutes (and only a couple of those are my contacts...)

Can people post back in here to say "DONE" and to bounce the thread until one of the mods can make this a sticky please for a while...?
I have now created a group on facebook about it so even those who have facebook but don't know any of us can sign

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Right. The time has come to stop the hand-wringing and the ineffectual messages to "Ask The Club".

We need to let the powers that be know how much interest there is in singing SBTS properly pre kick-off at The AMEX and to mount a proper CAMPAIGN.

As a first step I have set up an on-line petition that can be signed and will be useful as an easy way for people to register support.

Petition for Singing SBTS

End Note, We should absolutely proud of Sussex By the Sea which is an amazingly wonderful song.

Please click on the link in the line above to sign yourself and then spread the word to as many contacts as possible as quickly as possible.

I completely support the advancement of 'Sussex By The Sea' as it is the anthem for Sussex (and I am not going to go into the history etc. which I well know), and of which everyone of us should be proud. But I have a problem with the 'popular' words advocated which frankly are not especially appropriate, I mean going up and will win the cup - that may have been so back in the 70s / 80s BUT,

We need to be proud of SBTS and recognise where it came from but, FFS, no-one has ever tried to change the words of 'Land of Hope and Glory' so why should we change the words of 'Sussex by the Sea'

I really agree with promoting SBTS (not GOSBTS to which it is incorrectly referred) but there needs to be some sensible thought about this issue which, I agree, could be massive at the Amex.

PS. I, and one or two others, have majored on this in the past.

Good Old Sussex by the Sea, or should I say, Sussex by the Sea !

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here