Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Camp Bestival

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Am still recovering from T in the Park this weekend. :whisky::whisky::drink::drink::whisky:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Bestival proper for me too but Camp Bestival does look pretty decent. Erol Alkan is playing a 4hr Beyond the Wizards Sleeve set with Radioslave.

Have fun.

Oh and if Imperial Leisure are playing make sure you check them out.

fragglegull

Jun 3, 2008
Got to miss bestival proper this year after going to all of the others as some selfish mate of mine is getting married so making do with camp bestival hopefully the sun will be out. some decent acts by the looks of it!! :yahoo:

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Got to miss bestival proper this year after going to all of the others as some selfish mate of mine is getting married so making do with camp bestival hopefully the sun will be out. some decent acts by the looks of it!! :yahoo:

so the sun was out - but what did you think of it?

My thoughts were that it was very tame and ultra middle class but fantastic setting and very relaxing. Will not bother next year as music was very poor for the price I thought. If it had rained I would have struggled to see the point - whereas Glastonbury for £35 more has so much on it's immune to the rain. You also get your programme thrown in at Glasto rather than the tight bastards charging £7 for a crappy bestival one.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Everything I've heard suggests that Camp Bestival is brilliant for kids but the music line up was weak which is weird if you consider the length of the line up for Bestival proper.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Should be another cracker from the Sunday Best crew, I have my best mates wedding so have to miss out this year, Rob da Bank always puts on a great show wilh a great mix of acts. My wife really wanted to hang out in the strickly come dancing tent.

Would love to hear what people make of it, it may be like the first bestival, smaller and more intimate.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
..the idea of a festival with a load of parents and children doesnt really entertain me.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
all reports say it wasn't that good - especially the beyong the wizard sleeve set "like a 90's funk club" apparently;

and i heard flaming lips were dodgy.

but the setting was fab.

The flaming lips were the highlight. Seeing one of the wurzels in a g-string was NOT!

Setting good, weather good, flaming lips and black kids were good - but as for the rest................pretty shoddy really. I knew something was up when I saw all the 4x4 beamers and mercs queuing to get in. Someone appeared genuinely horrified to see a spliff being smoked, which amused me no end.

Whilst it was meant to be set up for kids to enjoy, my lot much preferred glastonbury and I am all for that!

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
..the idea of a festival with a load of parents and children doesnt really entertain me.

All the best festivals cater for kids well. Bestival has always been very kid friendly and there always loads of children and things for them to do at Glastonbury.

We are very tempted to take our little one to his first festival at Bestival this year. Just need to convince the missus that shell have responsibility whilst I saunter off for Laurent Garniers 3 hr set and Todd Terje.

house your seagull

Train à Grande Vitesse
Jul 7, 2004
Manchester
All the best festivals cater for kids well. Bestival has always been very kid friendly and there always loads of children and things for them to do at Glastonbury.

We are very tempted to take our little one to his first festival at Bestival this year. Just need to convince the missus that shell have responsibility whilst I saunter off for Laurent Garniers 3 hr set and Todd Terje.

terje. love it.

fragglegull

Jun 3, 2008
have to admit even though the line up could have been better and that, me and my mates had a top weekend.
i thought all the kids running around would annoy me but it made for a much more mellow atmosphere as other festivals can be a bit drug heavy for 3 days, kind of made you engage with people that you wouldnt normally speak to as their kids were attacking you with plastic swords etc:.........will be up for it again next year depending on what the weather looks like and also what the line up for bennacissim is looking like!

:clap2: nice one camp bestival!!

and imperial liesure were ace, top tip!!
:wave:

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
have to admit even though the line up could have been better and that, me and my mates had a top weekend.
i thought all the kids running around would annoy me but it made for a much more mellow atmosphere as other festivals can be a bit drug heavy for 3 days, kind of made you engage with people that you wouldnt normally speak to as their kids were attacking you with plastic swords etc:.........will be up for it again next year depending on what the weather looks like and also what the line up for bennacissim is looking like!

:clap2: nice one camp bestival!!

and imperial liesure were ace, top tip!!
:wave:

Was it very kid friendy? I'm thinking about taking the little man next year. He'll a year and nine months. What do they do to make it better for families - are the gigs on in the afternoon rather than 11pm?

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
We went with our two girls (12 and 16), plus four of their friends. Atmosphere was fab - no problem letting kids roam free. Excellent entertainment for adults and kids alike. The Kids Area behind the castle was first class, and helped ensure that the majority of the younger children were out of the main "adult" areas. Laughter tent (with comedians, poets, etc) was good. We ended up not seeing too much live music as there was so much else to do, but The Flaming Lips were the highlight from a performance perspective (I'm still not sure about their music, though. The general atmosphere was so good, I had no issue letting our 12 year old and her three friends go right up the front for the whole of the Lips' performance. The only downside was the horrendous queuing to get in on the Friday evening....if we go next year we will definitely aim to arrive mid-afternoon on the Friday at the latest.

Last band had to finish by 11pm, by the way, due to Dorset county council licencing rules....live music on the main stage from about 2pm each day, interspersed with DJs.

We saw plenty of young families with babies or very young children, but there was also plenty for adults without children.

wickesm

Aug 10, 2008
so the sun was out - but what did you think of it?

My thoughts were that it was very tame and ultra middle class but fantastic setting and very relaxing. Will not bother next year as music was very poor for the price I thought. If it had rained I would have struggled to see the point - whereas Glastonbury for £35 more has so much on it's immune to the rain. You also get your programme thrown in at Glasto rather than the tight bastards charging £7 for a crappy bestival one.

Probably a bit late to make any comment but I agree with you completely. It was expensive for what you got, though I'd pay for that setting again. It was very middle class, but our kids are 12 and 7 and I thought it would be good for them and it was. It made me sad I'd missed out on raves, especially before the flaming lips came on and everyone was dancing except that bloke in the middle who was asleep. I'm going again anyway. It was good for kids. Didn't rate the car park charge of a tenner. Missed Chuck Berry. In case anyone thought it wasn't that good, I went to sleep at about 12.30 with two exhausted children, with the sound of 1000 souls or more laughing at something, and I wished I knew what it was.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here