Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bye Bye Mansfield??

BBC NEWS | England | Nottinghamshire | 'Dream Team' vision for Stags bid

'Dream Team' vision for Stags bid

A man bidding to buy Mansfield Town is planning to rename the club Harchester United after the former Sky series The Dream Team, the BBC has learnt.
John Batchelor, former owner of York City, submitted a bid to majority shareholder Keith Haslam on Wednesday.

Producers of the Sky series confirmed Mr Batchelor had made an approach to use the name.

It is understood the racing car enthusiast also plans to use actors from the television series at the club.

Crucial match

Mr Batchelor changed York City's name to York City Soccer Club when he was at Bootham Crescent to attract American interest.

Mansfield are currently second from bottom of the Football League.

Mr Batchelor was initially part of the consortium before deciding to bid for the struggling League Two club on his own.

The club has undergone a name change once before - from Mansfield Wesleyans to Mansfield Town in 1910.

Personally i think it would be a horrific name for a club, and it seems this man changes these names to make a bit of money.....COCK

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
oh PUH-LEEZE!

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Nothing but respect for Mansfield fans after a group of them joined us in refusing to go into the Goldstone game during 96/97 season (we all charged in for free at halftime anyway) but to come all that way and show solidarity with our plight was very touching, not sure how many BHA fans would travel to Mansfield and decide on spec not to go in because a percentage of the home fans were boycotting the game.

:bowdown:

sod1

Jan 12, 2008
Brasov , Romania
Nothing but respect for Mansfield fans after a group of them joined us in refusing to go into the Goldstone game during 96/97 season (we all charged in for free at halftime anyway) but to come all that way and show solidarity with our plight was very touching, not sure how many BHA fans would travel to Mansfield and decide on spec not to go in because a percentage of the home fans were boycotting the game.

:bowdown:

total respect for these guys in joining us on the pitch as well, i work with a few of them now...i cant wait to hear their reaction to this news when i go back to work on Monday !

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Can't imagine Mansfield the toen supporting a club that has a fictitious name.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Can you imagine the reaction if it was the Albion? Or maybe plenty wouldn't bothered if a big hunk of money was forthcoming.

Worth a poll?

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
:D first i've heard of this

completely and utterly won't happen but good to see the show made an impression to some

wonder if he wants to change the Mansfield yellow into Dragons purple?

honestly don't worry folks , he'll die before this would happen - blow to the head by something or other :p

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here