Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bye bye Banksy

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
This classic Banksy artwork on the side of the Albert has been sold and is currently being taken down (although god knows how):

banksy-kissing-policemen.jpg

I do believe this means Brighton has NO Banksy's left on public display

A sad day

:(

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
What?

WHAT?

WHAT?

I am losing all respect for anything Banksy has ever done VERY quickly. I know he didn't sell it himself but this culture of buying up street art cheapens it to nothingness.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
What?

WHAT?

WHAT?

I am losing all respect for anything Banksy has ever done VERY quickly. I know he didn't sell it himself but this culture of buying up street art cheapens it to nothingness.

How's it his fault then?

I liked what he did to that shop window of the shop selling rip offs of his work. Pasted up a sign saying that nothing in the shop had been authorised or done by him, and at the end of the sign ; (apart from this sign)

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
He has exploded somewhat recently and his stuff sells for insane amounts of money.

And he's by no means the best covert street artist we've got in the UK but a lot of his work is still well made and poignant.

Considering his international reputation I think it is a shame that visitors to Brighton can't be wowed by his work anymore

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I agree with MAX.

I wonder how much it went for. I know a print of his sold in Art Republic a few years back for about £600 recently (last year) fetched £100,000.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
How's it his fault then?

I liked what he did to that shop window of the shop selling rip offs of his work. Pasted up a sign saying that nothing in the shop had been authorised or done by him, and at the end of the sign ; (apart from this sign)

It didn't really come out right but I'm not saying it's his fault. It's just you can't really look at his stuff the same way anymore knowing that he's a f***ing millionaire can you?

'Oooooh look, he thinks cctv is bad but I bet he's got it in his MASSIVE mansion in LA'.

That's what I say.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
are they taking the wall down?? who owns the right to sell that? the pub/council/him

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
I wouldn't be surprised if it is worth more than the pub to be honest

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
Saw them putting a shed effort round it yesterday and guessed it was being taken down, probably had an offer too good to turn down.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
Yes he is, but it hasn't stopped him decorating cities throughout the country and it seems a shame that we can no longer claim to have some of his pieces on show

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
Funny, for the money they must have sold it for, it's not 100% original anyway after it had to be restored a couple of years ago..

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
It didn't really come out right but I'm not saying it's his fault. It's just you can't really look at his stuff the same way anymore knowing that he's a f***ing millionaire can you?

'Oooooh look, he thinks cctv is bad but I bet he's got it in his MASSIVE mansion in LA'.

That's what I say.

I hear ya. Still think though, at the end of the day (Brian), It looks good and it often makes me laugh. That's good enough for me.

And is he well rich? Spose his book must have made a fair packet. Rather him than a zillion other people though.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

That's what I say.

Out of interest what is the financial threshold over which you cannot complain about CCTV?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here