• Button

Votes: 25 65.8%
  • Hamilton

Votes: 13 34.2%

• Total voters

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Hamilton is fastest of the two - but too impetuous. Should have won more than 1 world championship by now and should have wiped the floor with Button too but is often his own worst enemy. Hamilton is a bit like Mansell in that he is very talented but emotional and prone to erratic fortunes on track. Mansell should have won more championships too. I thought Hamilton was a breath of fresh air when he came into F1 but has lost that edge. Think he needs a decent manager to get him better focused. This period has coincided with McLaren going off the boil a bit and allowing Red Bull to become dominant.

Meanwhile I admire Button. He may not be the fastest but is smooth, consistent and particularly skillful in wet or changing track conditions. A great contrast to Hamilton and ideal mix of drivers for McLaren. Interesting that McLaren have offered Button a 5 year deal (maybe going beyond his F1 career) which suggests they feel he has more of a future with the team than Hamilton, yet the latter has been with them since he was a kid.

IMHO neither are as good an all round driver as Stirling Moss was in his heyday but never won the F1 Championship, he should have won but valiantly conceded to Mike Hawthorn who then become our first British F1 World Champ by 1 point. In those days they raced all categories of car every weekend with no safety precautions and low life expectancy. Clark, Stewart, Hill (both) and Hunt were all superb but no one should forget John Surtees who is the only driver/rider to win World Championships on bikes and in F1 cars. Don't understand why he has never been knighted.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Hamilton is fastest of the two - but too impetuous. Should have won more than 1 world championship by now and should have wiped the floor with Button too but is often his own worst enemy. Hamilton is a bit like Mansell in that he is very talented but emotional and prone to erratic fortunes on track. Mansell should have won more championships too. I thought Hamilton was a breath of fresh air when he came into F1 but has lost that edge. Think he needs a decent manager to get him better focused. This period has coincided with McLaren going off the boil a bit and allowing Red Bull to become dominant.

Meanwhile I admire Button. He may not be the fastest but is smooth, consistent and particularly skillful in wet or changing track conditions. A great contrast to Hamilton and ideal mix of drivers for McLaren. Interesting that McLaren have offered Button a 5 year deal (maybe going beyond his F1 career) which suggests they feel he has more of a future with the team than Hamilton, yet the latter has been with them since he was a kid.

Difficult to disagree with this. Both very talented drivers. This season has been Button's though. He's been very impressive. In fact, I think if he'd been in the redbull he'd be ahead of Vettel. Hamilton, though, has had a poor season, he's made too many mistakes trying to force the issue.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Hamilton the guy who dont wanna pay English taxes so buggers of to another country,FK him.

You are aware that Button lives in Monaco aren't you. As does Coulthard for that matter. I wouldn't be surprised if di Resta also lived out there.

Back on topic, Hamilton has more raw pace but Button is more calculating. It's a bit like the Senna/Prost debate.

Sent by the power of squirrel poo

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
I know Hamilton is a great driver, but I just don't warm to him as a person.

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
Quite like Hamilton. Seems less of a playboy than most f1 drivers. He's fast but when vettell is still.faster he's going to need to be a bit more button like if he's going to compete.

Sent from my U8220/Pulse using Tapatalk

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
In the past I would have said Hamilton was by far the beetter driver. But, in my mind, there is no doubt that Button has been the better driver this season. In the past lots of people, myself included, have claimed that Button is only good when he has a decent car - in a mediocre car he becomes a mediocre driver. This season Button has disproved that - being consistant in a car that is good, but not brilliant. Meanwhile Hamilton has seemingly struggled.

If McLaren can build a car capable of winning the world championship over the winter, Button will do very well next season (not wishing to state the bleeding obvious). His consistency over the second part of this season has been fantastic.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Button's a gent. The other one cheated.
What exactly did he cheat at?

Hamilton the guy who dont wanna pay English taxes so buggers of to another country,FK him.

:facepalm:

IMHO neither are as good an all round driver as Stirling Moss was in his heyday but never won the F1 Championship, he should have won but valiantly conceded to Mike Hawthorn who then become our first British F1 World Champ by 1 point. In those days they raced all categories of car every weekend with no safety precautions and low life expectancy. Clark, Stewart, Hill (both) and Hunt were all superb but no one should forget John Surtees who is the only driver/rider to win World Championships on bikes and in F1 cars. Don't understand why he has never been knighted.

You are aware that Button lives in Monaco aren't you. As does Coulthard for that matter. I wouldn't be surprised if di Resta also lived out there.

Back on topic, Hamilton has more raw pace but Button is more calculating. It's a bit like the Senna/Prost debate.

Sent by the power of squirrel poo

Beat me to it but I think he has now moved to the tax haven that is Guernsey.

Surely the clue is in the title of the sport, Formula One Racing, the key word being the last. Do you prefer someone who takes chances and tries to overtake or do you prefer to see someone who is great at conserving their tyres! Personally, I think that, in equal cars, Hamilton would wipe the floor with any of his peers.

As for Mansell and his record, I think someone was being a bit harsh. Had it not been for the wheel nut in Hungary and the blow out in Adelaide, he would probably have had another couple of championships to his name.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here