Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

bus v train

Billy Whizzkid

Aug 24, 2011
I'm sure the topic of whether to use the train or park and ride has been done to death on this board but I can't find a relevant post so apologies for bringing this up yet again.

I am travelling by car down from London for the Bristol City game and weighing up whether to park at Haywards Heath and take the train (which I have done before), or drive to Mill Road and take the park and ride.

Anyone know what the typical wait times are for the buses versus trains assuming you leave the stadium AFTER the final whistle (It's against my religion to leave a game before the final whistle), and how long the bus takes to get back to Mill Road?

Any useful answers will be much appreciated!

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I'm sure the topic of whether to use the train or park and ride has been done to death on this board but I can't find a relevant post so apologies for bringing this up yet again.

I am travelling by car down from London for the Bristol City game and weighing up whether to park at Haywards Heath and take the train (which I have done before), or drive to Mill Road and take the park and ride.

Anyone know what the typical wait times are for the buses versus trains assuming you leave the stadium AFTER the final whistle (It's against my religion to leave a game before the final whistle), and how long the bus takes to get back to Mill Road?

Any useful answers will be much appreciated!

Much will depend on where you are sitting. My seat is in the middle of a row towards the front of WSL and if I get up on final whistle I'm one of the last people out of the stadium area and therefore join the back of the P&R queue. From there it's up to an hour although maybe 45 minutes is the norm. If you're seated at the end of a row further back and were nearer the buses/trains I reckon you could cut 30 minutes off that. Assume same sort of situation for trains although some posts here a day or two ago were saying trains were much better, particularly Lewes bound

If minimising travel times is your aim, I'd choose Mill Road over Haywards Heath ... as long as you can get to Mill Road early enough pre-match to find a space.

Some people recommend Lewes + train ... but the Rooks have a home game on Saturday and parking near Lewes Station may be a bit more difficult than usual.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
Wouldn't it be quicker and easier to use the Mithras House Park & Ride? Much shorter queues than Mill Road after the game. Or you could park at Brighton Station can park? Or Lewes Station. Or you could park near London Road Station (free parking on the North side of the Station, the Open House pub side) although be aware when heading back after the game that not every trains stops at London Road. Or you could park by Moulscombe Station. Or just off the Lewes Road and catch the 25 bus there and back. Loads of options

Billy Whizzkid

Aug 24, 2011
Cheers for all the quick and very handy replies folks. Still divided but at least no one has said that the P&R is a nightmare.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here