Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Bus surfing with a knife in Brighton

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
WTF.....
Who reads GB news......
It’s on multiple news outlets actually…..I guess I could have quoted any, but that one was easy to use with the video …I TRY not to be biased on the ones I look at…but to be frank that’s irrelevant to what actually happened

Last edited:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
It’s on multiple news outlets actually…..I guess I could have quoted any, but that one was easy to use with the video …I TRY not to be biased on the ones I look at…but to be frank that’s irrelevant to what actually happened
It's not on The Argus.

But this is....

1722331857568.png

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
How are NSC's serial debaters gonna cope? We've got this thread, the Manc Airport one, Thomas Robinson leaving the UK, Just Stop Oil...

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Deport him

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
How are NSC's serial debaters gonna cope? We've got this thread, the Manc Airport one, Thomas Robinson leaving the UK, Just Stop Oil...
I expect that all the same people will say exactly the same things they always do, no one will change their minds, there will be some casual racism at some point and a lot of platitudes :shrug:

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Is it not time to make owning / posessing / carrying these "zombie" knives the same as carrying a firearm?

Put the knives in the same category as guns. You can't just go on Amazon and buy a viable firearm; why can you buy these knives? Outlaw the sale and punish the sellers as you would punish the seller of a firearm.

Impose the same penalty for selling / owning a zombie knife as you would a firearm.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Well I did chuck it on another thread but thought better of it (thanks to the poster who gave me a nudge) …but given that it’s in Brighton felt it relevant to post ……the Argus will probably comment next month

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Is it not time to make owning / posessing / carrying these "zombie" knives the same as carrying a firearm?

Put the knives in the same category as guns. You can't just go on Amazon and buy a viable firearm; why can you buy these knives? Outlaw the sale and punish the sellers as you would punish the seller of a firearm.

Impose the same penalty for selling / owning a zombie knife as you would a firearm.

We could, but it would have little to no effect on crime and would just mean our prisons are even more overcrowded.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013

I believe it's illegal to buy these types of knifes already:

Under the measures, first announced by the Prime Minister last year and laid before Parliament today, it will be illegal to possess, sell, manufacture or transport these zombie-style knives and machetes.

It is illegal to carry any knife in public without good purpose, carrying a sentence of 4 years in prison, and, in 2016, the government banned zombie knives, whilst cyclone knives were banned in 2019.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I thought this was a suggestion for a new Channel 5 reality show for a moment.

(Apologies for making light of a serious situation but it did give me "Youth hostelling with Chris Eubank" vibes)

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
I believe it's illegal to buy these types of knifes already:

Under the measures, first announced by the Prime Minister last year and laid before Parliament today, it will be illegal to possess, sell, manufacture or transport these zombie-style knives and machetes.

It is illegal to carry any knife in public without good purpose, carrying a sentence of 4 years in prison, and, in 2016, the government banned zombie knives, whilst cyclone knives were banned in 2019.
Thank you.

But I see / read about the use of these zombie knives all the time; certainly far more often than firearms. Yes, I understand that you can find just about any weapon if you look hard enough but the proliferation of this kind of weapon certainly seems to be far more widespread.

I know we are short of prison places but we can't use that as an excuse for not banging up these nutters for a very long time.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Agree with those saying ..........

Buying knifes should be much harder. (though it's clearly very hard to make it impossible)
Carrying knifes should be an automatic prison sentence
Never clicking on anything by GB news. I pollute my computer enough

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here