clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
From another forum I frequent.....

Help out if you feel it's unjust.....

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hello,

As some of you might know, Bury F.C got kicked outta the F.A cup this week for unfair reasons

Quote:
On the 20th December, an FA panel decided to remove Bury FC from this years FA Cup. The crime? Fielding a player who was on loan to the club in a replay against Chester City which Bury won 3-1. Hartlepool United, the club to which the player is contracted, had verbally agreed that he could play, but an administrative error meant that the supporting paperwork was not faxed to the FA.Once Bury FC became aware of this, they admitted the error to the FA. There is a good chance that if they had not brought this to the FA's attention, the error would have gone unnoticed.This kind of thing has happened before. Earlier this month, Leeds United were fined £2000 by the Football League for including six loan players in their match day squad, a clear breach of the rules. Their mitigating circumstances? A permanent player had been a late withdrawal through injury. In 1999 West Ham fielded an ineligible player in their Worthington Cup quarter final against Aston Villa. Emmanuel Omoyinmi had previously played in both legs of the second round for Gillingham. Their punishment from the Football League? The match had to be replayed. What's the difference between these two clubs and Bury FC? Size. Who cares about the small clubs? Certainly not the FA. The income generated from a cup run can be the difference between success and extinction for a club of Bury's size. If this 'crime' had been committed by Chelsea or Manchester United, would the FA have expelled them from this season's cup? I seriously doubt it. Please sign this petition to show your support for Bury FC's appeal against this ludicrous decision on the 28th December.

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/BuryFC/

Well being a life long Bury Fan, I thought id post this here to show my support, Plus to get as many Signatures as Possible.

I know these online Petitions dont do much, But ya Never know !

Show Your Support !

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
f*** 'em, i gave them £10 for a seat and never even got a thankyou.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
tommy boy said:
bury deserve to be punished in the way they were, however the likes of leeds should've been punished more, THAT is the problem

Correct. Bury were quite rightly kickedout of the competition.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
tommy boy said:
bury deserve to be punished in the way they were, however the likes of leeds should've been punished more, THAT is the problem

What he said.

Oct 25, 2003
FalmerforAll!** said:
What was it that banner said at Fans United?

Rovers are Red
Brighton are Blue
The FA love 20 clubs
But the real fans love all 92
wasn't that the last game at the goldstone?

not the point anyway

i have full sympathy for clubs such as wrexham etc who have been screwed over, but bury BROKE THE RULES, knew they were BREAKING THE RULES, and were therefore punished

the fact that "bigger" clubs have been punished less does not mean that bury's punishment should be rescinded

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
To be fair though, if it was us in this situation we would want all the support we could get!

Not that ive signed it yet though!

seagull-lad

Feb 2, 2006
Worthing
oh come on, it was an administrative error, hartlepool had no problems with him playing. it was just paperwork.

kicking them out is like using a sledge hammer to crack a nut. :(

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
seagull-lad said:
oh come on, it was an administrative error, hartlepool had no problems with him playing. it was just paperwork.

What, Great fun?

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
seagull-lad said:

Bury know the rules and should have complied with them. If you bend the rules you are usually ok. If you break the rules and get found out you will be punished.

Didnt I read somewhere that their secretary is Neville brothers mother.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
bristolseagull said:
f*** 'em, i gave them £10 for a seat and never even got a thankyou.

I wouldn't say f*ck em at all, but I sent some money too and didn't get an acknowledgement either.

Strange - wasn't there supposed to me a game with our names stuck on the seat ?

I'm sure they had a lot to think about at the time.

.. but I'm not sure I'll sign this petition this time. They broke the rules, as as much as I feel desperately sorry for them you can't link this with a loss of money. They could have been beaten.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here