Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bumping into palace in unusual places

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
Last night coming out of the gym whilst wearing my new home top I bumped into a guy wearing a palace top. I live in Southend and have never seen a palace shirt in the 11 years I've lived here, and judging by the look on his face neither had he. Anyone else bumped into a palace fan in a stranger or further afield place than me. And what was the reaction

Last edited:

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
I bumped into a scummer in the Trek club in Seaford, and after pointing out the error of his ways he left, lol

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Last night coming out of the gym whilst wearing my new home top I bumped into a guy wearing a palace top. I live in Southend and have never seen a palace shirt in the 11 years I've lived here, and judging by the look on his face neither had he. Anyone else bumped into a palace fan in a stranger or further afield place than me. And what was the reaction

Toilets in Salford.

Went to see Man C vs Leeds with my Bro, who was up there. Bloke came across as very South London. Not his fault - he knew no better.

Quagmire

Jul 29, 2011
Quaghog, Rhode Island
Before the first game of the 2010-11 season at Swindon, in the burger king near the ground was a palace fan sat in the corner of a room full of brighton fans.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Found out from my site manager today that one of the two new guys we have employed is a palace fan, the guy knew I was an Albion fan and kept it quiet. I feel that someone is going to have a very bad mid year appraisal. hard .... But fair!

Brighton beach, 3am on a wednesday after clubbing in June.

4 of them, in their 20s taking advantage of the half term as all were involved in jobs at schools in se london, and total diehard season ticket holding scummers

The most unusal part of it all...they were all Women...i kid you not!!

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
Brighton beach, 3am on a wednesday after clubbing in June.

4 of them, in their 20s taking advantage of the half term as all were involved in jobs at schools in se london, and total diehard season ticket holding scummers

The most unusal part of it all...they were all Women...i kid you not!!

Thats a corker, you'd have thought teachers would have been a little more educated.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
I live in Southend and have never seen a palace shirt in the 11 years I've lived here, and judging by the look on his face neither had he.

He'd never seen a Palace shirt in Southend, even though he was wearing one?
Was he blind, as well as thick?

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
On a hockey tour in Cape Town. We were playing a local select side in the stadium they built for an unsuccessful Olympics bid, looked up into the stand and there was a bloke wearing a Palace top...turned out that he and his family were in South Africa visiting friends, one of whom was playing for our opponents. Saw the same bloke again a couple of days later on the top of table mountain...resisted the temptation to push him off!

Oh, and even though I live in Gloucester there is a Palace fan living on the opposite side of the road, seems like they get bloody everywhere!

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
Golden Bay in Malta, Nutty Nigel was sitting in 33 degree heat in his piece of polyester rag.

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
He'd never seen a Palace shirt in Southend, even though he was wearing one?
Was he blind, as well as thick?

Yes yes, I was wondering how long it would be before someone picked up on my noob grammatical error :)
.......... And judging by the look on his face he'd never seen a Brighton shirt in Southend either.
There better ;-)

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
A TRAMP wearing a Palace scarf just outside Brighton station. Come to think of it he was probably one of their more affluent fans.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
My neighbour, my Uncle and my former headteacher. I can't bloody escape from them.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
I went to the beautiful west of Scotland a few weeks ago with an old mate of mine. There we were, having hardly seen a sole for the past 5days, when we found, after a 7hr drive, a really nice campsite. So we put the tents up, had dinner, loaded up a rucksack full of beer and headed for the beach. It was nine in the evening by now, as we walked through the gate out onto this deserted sandy beach, there he is, bold as brass, an effing Palace fan clad in his thunderbirds 70s retro shirt. I looked at him, he looked at my Brighton hat, I scowled, he stuck his chest out, I blurted out "no, not here, it can't be", I had to take a few deep breaths and remind myself I was on a relaxing holiday. Grrrr, bloody ruined my evening.

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford
went up to the county championship game at worcestershire vs sussex and saw a bloke wearing a palace shirt.

Bizzare or what? :s

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here