Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bumping into Albion players

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
What does one do? Beg them for an autograph, make conversation or stand a few feet away slightly agog at seeing your heroes(!) at close quarters?

I saw Kerry Mayo and Gary Hart Saturday night at the Honeyclub and tonight I shared a table at the Komedia with CKR and his girlfriend, Paul Reid and his gf (mmm, nice) and Adam El Abd.

Was a tiny bit difficult to ignore Colin necking his girlfriend considering they were sitting a FOOT away from me. Naturally I glanced away, being a gentleman.
7713455829.gif

Sorry, no pics or videos, it's incredibly difficult to film someone in that situation! And that Adam looks a real hard nut!

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Just talk to them like they are normal people, and ask them about the Albion, they may give you some inside information :thumbsup:

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Taylor159370 said:
Just talk to them like they are normal people, and ask them about the Albion, they may give you some inside information :thumbsup:

They were too busy enjoying being with their girlfriends. Felt very rude to interupt...

They seemed to enjoy it so they'll probably be back. CKR seems content here so fingers crossed he won't be moving.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I hadf a chat to Dean Hammond at the Chelsea youth game. Congratulated him on the Leeds victory and wished him luck for the next game. NIce chap and very willing to talk. After all they are just human beings.

I wouldn't want to get on the wrong side of El-Bad. He scares me. :down:

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
BarrelofFun said:
I hadf a chat to Dean Hammond at the Chelsea youth game. Congratulated him on the Leeds victory and wished him luck for the next game. NIce chap and very willing to talk. After all they are just human beings.

I wouldn't want to get on the wrong side of El-Bad. He scares me. :down:

If you think he's scary take a butchers at his brother who plays Rugby for Brizzle ... now thats scary:ohmy:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Deportivo Seagull said:
If you think he's scary take a butchers at his brother who plays Rugby for Brizzle ... now thats scary:ohmy:

I met him once very briefly as he used to go to school with a friend of mine. They must start on their porridge and spinach from a young age.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Kerry and OGH (along with their families) are fairly frequent customers in the shop where I work.

I don't treat them any differently to any other customers (ie: I'm as moody and sarcastic as I woyld be with anyone, lol).

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
I went to the sponser's dinner last year so managed to chat to a decent number of players. Also met Mickey Adams in a bar in Cyrpus.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I stood next to Jimmy Case at the urinals in Shades on the evening of the Norwich QF in '83. I was totally pissed so I babbled something like "Great goal, Jimmy" but he was pissed too and slurred "Yesh, y'know, I jusht hit it and it went in".

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Downloaded Penguin said:

I saw Kerry Mayo and Gary Hart Saturday night at the Honeyclub and tonight I shared a table at the Komedia with CKR and his girlfriend, Paul Reid and his gf (mmm, nice) and Adam El Abd.

Was El-Abd alone?

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
I saw Hinsh with his missus and little'un on Brighton beach once and he seemed very willing to chat about pre-season and gave me a post mortem on last season.

Very nice chap.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Re: Re: Bumping into Albion players

Les Biehn said:
Was El-Abd alone?

Yes he was. Definitely no girlfriend with him. There were also two other male friends I didn't recognise and one had a girlfriend but El Abd was alone.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Re: Re: Re: Bumping into Albion players

Downloaded Penguin said:
Yes he was. Definitely no girlfriend with him. There were also two other male friends I didn't recognise and one had a girlfriend but El Abd was alone.

Do you reckon he was boshing the other fella?

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Franks Wild Years said:
Saw that one comming a mile off Les.:lolol: :lolol:

:lolol: Bang to rights Frank. I am a creature of habit. I think its just that most of the time I see El-Abd he has a vest on, combined with that shaven haven (his beautiful cranium) and his rather hunky physique he is bordering on the homoerotic.

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
Downloaded Penguin said:
What does one do? Beg them for an autograph, make conversation or stand a few feet away slightly agog at seeing your heroes(!) at close quarters?

We were supposed to be out with them on Saturday night but 'im indoors has been ordered to rest for a week Grrrrrrrr. If you ever bump into Mr B offer to buy him a pint of Guinness and he'd be putty in your hands!

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
I saw Seb 'Claridge' Carole coming out of Ladbrokes, London Road last season, bookies in Leeds beware!

:lolol:

Not the same as an Albion player but I've seen Paul Ifill numerous times in bookies also down in Brighton.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here