Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Build a Bonfire

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
noticed this song bein sung in the premiership nowadays - however, were we the first to the do this song on the terraces?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I believe so, but Man U fans will tell you otherwise.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
"Build a bonfire" was sung years before we first did it, we used to sing it at primary school "Build a bonfire, build a bonfire, put the teachers on the top..."

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Man U did it first I believe with

put the city on the top
put the scousers in the middle....

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
lost in london said:
I've got an Arsenal fan who reckoned that they invented "one nil to the ......."

I told him to f*** off.

I think they actually did, to be fair.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Didn't we invent "It's Just Like Watching Brazil?" or so I heard anyway. :flameboun

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
It's just like watchng Brazil was Barnsley wasn't it.. when they got promoted under Danny Wilson.

Build a bonfire was around for yonks, but we sung it with more venom than anyone!

One-nil to the Arsenal probably was invented by them, because it was based around 'Go West' by the Pet Shop Boys when they were at the peak of their 'Boring Arsenal' powers.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
And not forgetting "we're top and we didn't cheat"

Yoda

English & European
trueblue said:
It's just like watchng Brazil was Barnsley wasn't it.. when they got promoted under Danny Wilson.

Build a bonfire was around for yonks, but we sung it with more venom than anyone!

One-nil to the Arsenal probably was invented by them, because it was based around 'Go West' by the Pet Shop Boys when they were at the peak of their 'Boring Arsenal' powers.

I remember first singing 'It's just like watching Brazil' at Fans United vs Hartlepool, and that was before Barnsley got promoted.

As for 'Go West', did we start Brighton & Hove Albion, to that tune before Arsenal?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Yoda said:

As for 'Go West', did we start Brighton & Hove Albion, to that tune before Arsenal?

Almost 99.9% no, we definately did our usual bandwagon jumping with that one (says Cheeky Monkey as he returns his attention back to the implausible Bond film on ITV that is 'Die Another Day')

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Yoda said:
I would say yes, as I can't ever recall Arsenal fans singing "Brighton & Hove Albion" before

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Everest said:
I would say yes, as I can't ever recall Arsenal fans singing "Brighton & Hove Albion" before

:lolol: :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here