Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Build a Bonfire update

Southy

Jul 7, 2003
We are definitely republishing the book in early May. It will be an exact reprint in paperback. Myself (Steve N) and Paul Hodson are also writing a new book to be published in late July which will be in a similar style charting the campaign to build the new stadium (title undecided at present). You can get updates or contact us via the Facebook group Incompatible Browser | Facebook

I've also just set up a Twitter account BuildaBonfire where we will be posting updates.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Brilliant. Good work. Look forward to both of those.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Any reason why only paperback?

Southy

Jul 7, 2003
2 reasons. It's more affordable to do, and it keeps the original as a book in own right. Having said that, the publisher may do some hardbacks as well.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Ok cheers.The original copy i read all those years back was hardback.Do you know the price?

Boris Yeltsin

MR PRESIDENT to you, mate
Feb 13, 2008
Moscow
Good idea...where's my sledge hammer!

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Great news re the follow up too

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
After seeing the AMEX yesterday, it made me think of all the things we had been through to get it. Right from the letters of support for the initial planning application back in 2002?, to the various campaigns etc over the years. There have been standard petitions, to a top 20 single, to valentines cards to John Prescott to name but a few.

Can we name them all (Campaigns/Protests/Petitions ), what were peoples favourite?

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Excellent news and I'm pleased you're NOT updating the existing text but are dealing with post-1997 as a book and a campaign in its own right (which it is).

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Great news re the reprint. And excellent call in devoting a seperate follow-up book to the campaign for the new stadium. That's a story well worth telling in its own right.

:clap: :clap:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I rather enjoyed wandering around the Sportsman pre-match getting fans to sign and leave a message on various postcards. I'll not forget posting a flier of Mr Bassford of the Seagulls Party through a door in Lewes District, only to see it savaged by a small, but vicious dog.

There were a few of us that spent many hours arguing with opponents on the old Argus forum. I know Freddie Goodwin and Easy10 were amongst us. We even managed to convert a few people in favour, apart from Septic of course.

Really looking forward to getting a copy of BaB and the new instalment. Happy days.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
We are definitely republishing the book in early May. It will be an exact reprint in paperback.

Great news - but I wondered whether you would at least write a new forward or introduction, mentioning what has happened since - especially given the timing.

astevens76

Jan 22, 2010
Bristol
Class. Love the idea of the seperate book as an addition instead of editing the original. Top work :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here