Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bryan Robson "relieved of duties"

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
..as Sheffield United's first team manager.

No shock there, wonder if he'll manage to get another job in football after this. Can't see many clubs' fans being pleased at the prospect of him taking charge.

Other Championship news: Ian Holloway thinks his job at Leicester's safe, despite them sinking ever closer to the relegation places. He's quoted today as saying that he's the longest serving manager they've had this season, so Mandaric wouldn't sack him. Keep those fingers crossed, Ian...

Would be funny if he did get fired, especially after the way he shafted Plymouth.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

federicoed-up

Feb 7, 2008
Holloway is a shit. But he playing Zamora on the right wing and then sold him to us for £100,000 and a bag of chips so I can forgive him.

federicoed-up

Feb 7, 2008
big_Sir_AlanSugar.jpg

You're fired

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Expect Chris Coleman to be linked with every decent job going.

Not sure about Dowie, I reckon he's probably got one more Championship job left in him- ie if he cocks that one up, then only lower league sides will take him on. Saints might not fancy it after his efforts at Charlton, Coventry and latterly Palace.

Coleman, on the other hand, has not (yet) has his reputation tarnished by any relegations, nor gross underachievements.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
..as Sheffield United's first team manager.

No shock there, wonder if he'll manage to get another job in football after this.
He's absolutely shit but I think "Robbo" is in the all important clique largely inhabited by ex-players now in the media. They'll soon be bigging him up by telling us what an incredibly difficult job "Robbo" had and why it is uinderstandable that a club averaging 26,000 with a squad so good that it only just missed out on staying in the Premiership last season is now languishing close to the division 3 trap door.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Newcastle?

God, if you're reading, and have any interest left in football whatsoever, please please: make this happen
:angel: :angel: :angel:

Imagine the Geordies' faces :lolol:

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
In the words of Take That Sheffield United should have had 'a little patience'.

Another ridiculous decision and shows the short term-ism of football today which is ruining many clubs.

Last edited:

In the words of Take That Sheffield United should have had 'a little patience'.

Another ridiculous decision and shows the short term-ism of football today which is ruining many clubs.

Is robson another one of your mates?! The only suprising thing about this turn of events is that he was given the job in the first place. I don't understand what parallel universe these chairmen live in; we could all have told McCabe that Robson was going to be shit. In the same way that we could have told Whelan that Hutchings wasn't up to the job. It was obvious, from their previous experiences. Yet these chairmen just seem to ignore that and go and appoint the goons anway, and are then suprised when they have to sack them soon afterwards!

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Is robson another one of your mates?! The only suprising thing about this turn of events is that he was given the job in the first place. I don't understand what parallel universe these chairmen live in; we could all have told McCabe that Robson was going to be shit. In the same way that we could have told Whelan that Hutchings wasn't up to the job. It was obvious, from their previous experiences. Yet these chairmen just seem to ignore that and go and appoint the goons anway, and are then suprised when they have to sack them soon afterwards!

I must have missed something, this is the Bryan Robson who succesfully got Middlesbrough promoted twice and to F.A and League Cup finals and the first manager to save a club who were bottom at Christmas in the Prem from relegation?? To me that's a non too shabby record.

I don't know whether he'd turn Sheffield United round but he certainly deserved more than 6 months in the job to do it. I hope they get relegated from here.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I must have missed something, this is the Bryan Robson who succesfully got Middlesbrough promoted twice and to F.A and League Cup finals and the first manager to save a club who were bottom at Christmas in the Prem from relegation?? To me that's a non too shabby record.

I don't know whether he'd turn Sheffield United round but he certainly deserved more than 6 months in the job to do it. I hope they get relegated from here.
You're twisting the facts when quoting his time at Middlesbrough. What actually happened was he was given a shed load of money to get Boro promoted, which he then did.

However once promoted, Middlesbrough had resources comparible to Blackburn when they won the league, yet Robson got them relegated! He did however redeem himself by promoting them a second time.

West Brom though - its a fair cop. They stayed up in a 4 horse race thanks to goal difference. And thanks to a WONDERFUL Charlton goal, 8 minutes from time. :D

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
IMO Bryan Robson is a useless manager who always seems to geta job because of his England playing career another Alan Ball.

Will they try to get Warnock back?

Wasn't it 'Robbo' who SPUNKED £6m on Masrsimo Maccarone?

£8.15m!! What a bargain

You're twisting the facts when quoting his time at Middlesbrough. What actually happened was he was given a shed load of money to get Boro promoted, which he then did.

However once promoted, Middlesbrough had resources comparible to Blackburn when they won the league, yet Robson got them relegated! He did however redeem himself by promoting them a second time.

West Brom though - its a fair cop. They stayed up in a 4 horse race thanks to goal difference. And thanks to a WONDERFUL Charlton goal, 8 minutes from time. :D

Apparently he spent almost £80m at Middlesbrough...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/middlesbrough/1370794.stm

Great manager, yeah.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
£8.15m!! What a bargain

Apparently he spent almost £80m at Middlesbrough...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/middlesbrough/1370794.stm

Great manager, yeah.

Firstly it's difficult to attract players to Middlebrough so they have had to pay over the odds to get a number of the players they've signed, also I doubt whether they'd have signed if they weren't playing for someone like Robson.

Secondly, you make no mention of the amount of money he recouped which was in the region of £40 million.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here