Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bruce never came back. Here's CASPER

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Sadly Bruce didn't show much in the way of homing instincts, so I must only assume he has gone to that great aviary in the sky. However, I have had Casper for a couple of weeks now, and he's cheered me up no end. I've continued WEANING him since we got him from the breeder, and he now looks on me as his MUM. He literally will not leave me alone when we let him out, and he's on my shoulder crooning softly in my ear as I type. Playful little fella, he's into everything, but he's shat on my laptop twice already and chewed my F7 key off (luckily it didn't seem to do anything).

He bobs his head to The Addams Family, but I'm going to teach him to screech GOSBTS by the time the season starts

:thumbsup:

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
my cockatiel used to like rice crispies :lol: and playing the piano - except she used to poo on the keys...

Casper looks cute!!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Indeed he does. When he's fully-developed and fattened up a bit he should be ready for Christmas ...
He seems to have a penchant for eating his own SHIT at the moment, so I'm not sure he'll be all that tasty. Tried him with some apple today though and he's gone ape for it. Less hassle than the BABY food I've had to keep giving him through a pipette anyway. He's growing into his solids now, thnakfully.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
You got him from that nutty German woman in Burgess Hill didn't you

I think I've got one from the same litter Easy, looks very similar - dotty pattern all down the back so we imaginitively called her Speckle
YES we did - and she mentioned you when we picked him up. She said to me "your friend has been round for one of the other birds" - I guess you'd mentioned the thread I did on NSC after our initial visit.

How tame is Speckle then ? I can't believe how tame Casper is already. He's completely fearless.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Natural behaviour to replenish the bacteria in his digestive system. Slip him some laxative in the week before Christmas and he'll be good to go.
I'll bear that in mind.
Honestly, he's got cockatiel seed, millet spray, cuttlefish, a seed-bell AND a bit of apple, yet he'll still decide to chew on something he curled off the other day. THEN he wants to nuzzle my ear.

:glare:

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
That looks like a nice boid. If i had a goat i'd call it Casper.

My married friends, before the femme gave birth to twins, had a hamster. They put it in a plastic ball and let it run around the living room. I think it's name was Banana, and that hairy, big-balled fucker loved to go sprinting knowing full well almost no damage could come to him. But the main thing for my buddies, ones that haven't so easily and automatically deserted me since death approached, was to sit and count the number of gravelesque poos sprayed with permanance in this inescapable sphere of aromatic excitement. One day they counted 17. Banana died some months later. Not with exhaustion or resentment, probably just from joy and the rhythms of his seedy droplets beating harder and faster than his heart would now permit.

YES we did - and she mentioned you when we picked him up. She said to me "your friend has been round for one of the other birds" - I guess you'd mentioned the thread I did on NSC after our initial visit.

How tame is Speckle then ? I can't believe how tame Casper is already. He's completely fearless.

She described you as the "stocky man" :laugh:

Very tame, as you described constantly wanting to sit on my head all the time and my days does she make a racket when she wants feeding. The stupid pipette things she gave me kept breaking though so I'm having to regurgitate into her beak :(

leonidas

Go tell the Spartans
Jun 5, 2007
Surrounded by pubs
Get another one!
My daughter got one and it seemed happy but not quite happy enough, so we got a second one and they pair bonded straight away. They spend all day playing and talking to each other, it's worth the noise they make to see them so settled.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Why is he called Casper? Is it something to do with the Reading player whose career was ended by Chippy a few years ago, or do you occasionally crack one off to the frankly SHIT American comic creation Casper the ghost?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Get another one!
My daughter got one and it seemed happy but not quite happy enough, so we got a second one and they pair bonded straight away. They spend all day playing and talking to each other, it's worth the noise they make to see them so settled.
Naah bollocks to that. If you want your bird to bond with YOU then don't get another bird for him to play with. I've got a little FRIEND who demands attention and loves it.

And El P - he's called Casper cos it just SUITS him. I'm not going to force him up my bum though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here