Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

brooker chooses reading over us

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
Says would rather be with them as have a better chance of a top 6 finish :nono:

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
He is right but i bet money had something to do with it, i though he would have done a good job for us.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Fair enough. Plus, would you go back to a job you had before? Everyone likes to feel that, if they move on, it's to pastures new, and not back to where they were a few stages previously. And the unwarranted grief Brooker used to get from some of the Withdean crowd would put him off too, frankly.

Stumpy Tim

Why would he chose the Albion above Reading?? He's working under a manager who he's worked with before, he's playing at a really nice stadium, he's probably earning more, & Reading are more likely to finish in the Play-Offs than us.

It's a no-brainer really

Fluffster

Jul 5, 2003
Shoreham
Is he going to be first choice at Reading though?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Another season of bench warming coming up, he's a matchwinner on his day but I'm sure Reading have plenty of competition for his place from more consistant players.

Sometimes (normally early and late season) he was great, most of the time he was a waste of space and nowhere near consistant enough for the team of battlers that we are going to need this season.

Good luck to him, be interesting to see who McGhee brings in instead, assuming he does bring someone in .

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Fluffster said:
Is he going to be first choice at Reading though?

Strangely enough Coppell has released Salako (I would like him)

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Icy Gull said:
Sometimes (normally early and late season) he was great, most of the time he was a waste of space and nowhere near consistant enough for the team of battlers that we are going to need this season.

People just can't stop being harsh about him. I remember a cold Tuesday night in February, up at Scunthorpe where he scored a pearler and was head and shoulders our best player in an atrocious team performance. And who can forget him taking apart Orient at Brisbane road in our first championship season?

He was also our best attacking player last season in div 1, and to stay up, we also need to score goals. Still, if wants to go to Reading good luck to him.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Kalimantan Gull said:
People just can't stop being harsh about him. I remember a cold Tuesday night in February, up at Scunthorpe where he scored a pearler and was head and shoulders our best player in an atrocious team performance. And who can forget him taking apart Orient at Brisbane road in our first championship season?

Both those games in Div 3, not Div 1 and I don't mean to be harsh it's just that on a cold wet windy cut up pitch he was generally not up for it.

However, I have no doubt that whatever the weather, if he plays against us, he will score

Last edited:

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Jones is as good a player as Brooker!

Either Shit or Amazing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here