Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bronze Statue at Falmer - Who?

Who would you like to see a statue of at Falmer?

• Mike Bamber

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Tony Bloom

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Brian Horton

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Dick Knight

Votes: 54 52.4%
  • Mark Lawrenson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alan Mullery

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Peter Ward

Votes: 31 30.1%
  • Bobby Zamore

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Other - Please state below

Votes: 10 9.7%

• Total voters

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Assuming we only had one, which person would you like to see.

Poll to follow.

BTW assumes statue would be of the time they were with the club, not present day e.g. Ward in the late seventies

Last edited:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
It's got to be Dick Knight really, hasn't it? I can't think of anyone else more appropriate.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Charlie Webb. Served the club longer than anyone else and scored the goal that effectively crowned us champions of England.

Perhaps the others could be on a walk of fame or something similar.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Personally for me the iconic image of Peter Ward in the seventies would be my choice. I think it represents the best era of the club, so far...

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Move THE Goldstone from Hove Park to Falmer

goldsto2.jpg

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Personally for me the iconic image of Peter Ward in the seventies would be my choice. I think it represents the best era of the club, so far...

And I completely disagree. He was a great, great player. But no-one, but no-one did more to save this club - you wouldn't have a Falmer to be talking about if it wasn't for the bloke whose efforts your many recent posts seek maybe to diminish. It HAS to be DK.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
And I completely disagree. He was a great, great player. But no-one, but no-one did more to save this club - you wouldn't have a Falmer to be talking about if it wasn't for the bloke whose efforts your many recent posts seek maybe to diminish. It HAS to be DK.

But just as equally (arguably, don't start me! we wouldn't have a Falmer without Tony Bloom)

And arguably without Martin Perry, Paul Samrah, Lord B, all of the fans......where does it end. We can't have a statue of everybody!!

Personally I was looking at on the basis of what would look the best. Peter Ward in the prime of his life celebrating a goal would be a fitting sight I believe, far more than an old man (and I don't mean that nastily, just the way it is).

NF9

Feb 24, 2009
Brighton
But just as equally (arguably, don't start me! we wouldn't have a Falmer without Tony Bloom)

And arguably without Martin Perry, Paul Samrah, Lord B, all of the fans......where does it end. We can't have a statue of everybody!!

Personally I was looking at on the basis of what would look the best. Peter Ward in the prime of his life celebrating a goal would be a fitting sight I believe, far more than an old man (and I don't mean that nastily, just the way it is).

We wouldn't have Brighton without DK?:O

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK

Rubbish. He was a player, doing a job, brilliantly, whether one fancies him in his youth more than one does DK or not. And it isn't to demean the efforts of everyone else involved to say that DK was pre-eminent amongst those who came to the club's rescue when it was needed most. End of.

If one likes the "look" of younger players than older genuine heroes so much, why not have Bobby Zamora or Danny Cullip or Graham Moseley or Teddy Maybank or Alan Biley or Perry Digweed or Kerry Mayo or Jake Robinson or Giles Stille or Ian Chapman...(I could go on).

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Surely we should build a 35ft bronze version of Steve Ovett's head, making this one unstealable. Or a giant sack of his heads, as no one likes to get something everyone's got one of.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here