Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Broadband Providers

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
i'm looking to change from Orange as they have increased there prices over 50%, i am looking at aol, but have heard horrible stories about them, who would you recommend

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
take a look on uswitch or compare the meerkat and this will give you an idea of the packages available from numerous ISPs

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Thought most phone networks offered free home broadband these day, at least o2 do. Wouldn't touch AOL with a barge pole though

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
which computing magazine recently rated O2 as the best on value/sevice/price out of about 30. If your not Wifi i would suggest the utility warehouse as they came 3rd and do the cheapest gas/electric.

I am with 3 atm, wouldn't recommend them unless you are fluent in fuckin Urdu.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
plusnet

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
screw comparison sites, you want fully independant accessment not from sites that are paid by SOME of the companies.

which
shopbots
computer magazines

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
The Sky free service has served me well for quite some time now - obviously you have to be a Sky subscriber but you can get most main channels for around £17 with broadband thrown in.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
which computing magazine recently rated O2 as the best on value/sevice/price out of about 30. If your not Wifi i would suggest the utility warehouse as they came 3rd and do the cheapest gas/electric.

aap ka naam kiya hey ? Looney an gee. :(

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
I've both AOL (at home) and o2 (dongle for my netbook) and have no problems with either... Must have been with AOL for near enough ten years now too.

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
i looked at o2's packages as i am with o2, one of the deals was just under £8 BUT they havent unbudled our local exchange and its just over £17, i am with sky and have my phone, gas and elecy with Utility Warehouse, may see what they can offer

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
i'm looking to change from Orange as they have increased there prices over 50%, i am looking at aol, but have heard horrible stories about them, who would you recommend

Strange as Orange has just reduced my costs by a third each month.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Sky, O2, Beonline are the best cheapy / residential ADSL products at the moment, FACT

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Virgin Media I have, but they cut connection speed when you actually use it! Which I find incredible, I know others do it aswell, but it's absolutely unbelievable that they do that. I am bundled with the TV and phone aswell though, so it's all good.

Evil Edna

Roll the dice!
Jul 15, 2007
Where poet's live.
Virgin Media I have, but they cut connection speed when you actually use it! Which I find incredible, I know others do it aswell, but it's absolutely unbelievable that they do that. I am bundled with the TV and phone aswell though, so it's all good.

They would only do this with me bettween 4 to 9 when I had them. Were as tiscali would do it from 6 to 11.

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Zen - Utterly reliable, *shock news* a real <techie> person on the end of a <UK> phone, and mac friendly..PC Pro awarded Zen Internet with Best ISP for the fifth year running.

What more do you want ? (Well under £20 a month would be nice but..)

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
I liked BeThere when I used them last year, they sent a box out to me and set it all up really fast.

Which was in MASSIVE contrast to my months of delay waiting for BT to sort anything out.

goring dazza

Jul 19, 2004
Goring

The Which magazine states the best phone/broadband bundle is Utility warehouse and is highly recommended!
I have it aswell as lots of my family and friends!
They can also help reduce your bills on gas and electric!(again in Which)
No contract! This is what i like
All on one bill!
Depending on how many services gives you free calls anytime to a landline and to top 10 internationally aswell!
Lots more benefits!
Visit Darren & Alison Golds - Independent Qualified Executive - Telecom plus
Normally anyone that is with BT with phone and Broadband can halve there bill depending where they live :whisky:

goring dazza

Jul 19, 2004
Goring
screw comparison sites, you want fully independant accessment not from sites that are paid by SOME of the companies.

which
shopbots
computer magazines
Totally agree as they are switching sites! Put your details in daily and they will keep changing as they get commission for switching you so not all the best companies will appear on there that dont pay them commission!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here