Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brixton Acadamy question.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Can someone in the know please tell me what the view is like at Brixton acadamy from 'Circle unreserved seating/rear standing'???

Sounds like it could be a bit rubbish?

Thanks.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Its actually not too bad, you have a good view all be it very high up. I wouldn't sit there if I had a chance of the main standing area but if its that or notihng it really isn't as bad as you might think.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Its actually not too bad, you have a good view all be it very high up. I wouldn't sit there if I had a chance of the main standing area but if its that or notihng it really isn't as bad as you might think.

Great thanks for the info.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Brixton is a quality venue, the floor slopes down to the Stage so you get a decent view pretty much anywhere. Also the first time I went I thought it did'nt have a ceiling!!

medicine man

Jan 22, 2004
by the sea
Brixton is a quality venue, the floor slopes down to the Stage so you get a decent view pretty much anywhere. Also the first time I went I thought it did'nt have a ceiling!!
Yep, quite agree, does look like it has no roof- and the cracks in the ceiling paint look like stars!

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
I think it's a good venue but I was sitting for The Mighty Boosh and it was crap. It's obviously an older theatre and the raking of the circle doesn't work so everyone past the second row of seats in the circle has to lean forward to see the front of the stage.

Was going to get tickets for Massive Attack but can't be bothered to sit up there - and the idea of unreserved seating sounds horrible as it means you have to be there quite early to get a decent seat (I like rolling in at gigs at the last minute to avoid paying through the roof for drinks) and it will be a right bumfight.

Went last night to see TV on the Radio and was dissapointed to see that it's another venue which has given up serving pints and now just pours a tin into a cup - for £3.90 no less!!!!!!!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
For a pre Gig drink, I recommend the Landor Theatre in Landor Road, 5 minutes from Clapham North.

It's then a quick walk through the back streets to the Academy.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
I love the Brixton Academy. I've only sat once, it's not ideal, but more than tolerable when you're in the best venue in the country.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
SURELY it takes longer than that to walk from from Clapham Junction...
:jester:

Yes, but if coming from Clapham Junction take the 345 just opposite the station at the end of Falcon Road.

It drops you at the bus stop outside the Academy.

Doesn't get better than that.

Heffle Gull

JCL since 1979
Feb 5, 2004
Heathfield
Be warned though the stewards will try an make you sit. (Its just like being at Withdean). Although when I was there for the Specials, they failed miserably.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Serious question, how long does it take to walk from Clapham North to the Academy?

Could be a better alternative than getting to Vauxhall, getting on the Victoria and then trying to get served in the Spoons nearby.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Quick question for those who have bought seats at the Academy, hammersmith Apollo and Brighton dome etc. What's the youngest age someone can go to these gigs (in the seats that is). I'm keen to get my boys to see live music as early as possible. Eldest is 9. I was thinking maybe when they're 11 or 12.

Too young?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Serious question, how long does it take to walk from Clapham North to the Academy?

Could be a better alternative than getting to Vauxhall, getting on the Victoria and then trying to get served in the Spoons nearby.

Less than 15 minutes if you know the way through the back streets, would you like me to tell you the route ?

The Landor is an ok pub and you will not have trouble getting served, since it's away from the main high street.

Friendly and has a beer garden too.

Looks like it's in dodgy area, but is in fact quite a posh pub with a theatre school next door, a theatre above it - usually frequented by thespians who've seen on the Bill but can't put a name too.

landext1.jpg

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here