Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
frankie boyle best around atm , not sure about all time though:thumbsup:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
My problem with the Two Ronnies is that although they produced some very very funny material, the majority of their output was very very weak.

Ronnie Barkers finest moment was Porridge, 100 times better than anything he did in that sketch show.

The greatest comedian this country produced was Eric Morecambe, no-one comes near.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
My problem with the Two Ronnies is that although they produced some very very funny material, the majority of their output was very very weak.

Ronnie Barkers finest moment was Porridge, 100 times better than anything he did in that sketch show.

The greatest comedian this country produced was Eric Morecambe, no-one comes near.

I never really enjoyed Porridge as a whole. It has some brilliant moments in it, but it's never been among my favourite series. As for the Two Ronnies, you're totally right when you say that a lot of the stuff is sub-standard, my favourites were the monologue sketches as I linked to above where Barker would do all the wordplay and linguistic stuff that I've always enjoyed as a comedic style.

Beyond that, and of course the classics like Fork Handles, FUNEX, Mastermind, Crossed Lines etc... and the comedic song at the end (which definitely varied from the hilarious to the very dull and cringy), I could take or leave a lot of what was in there. For me though, the good stuff compensated for the bad without question.

Barker in general though was a brilliant and very clever comedian.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Eric Morecombe

The rest

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I never really enjoyed Porridge as a whole. It has some brilliant moments in it, but it's never been among my favourite series. As for the Two Ronnies, you're totally right when you say that a lot of the stuff is sub-standard, my favourites were the monologue sketches as I linked to above where Barker would do all the wordplay and linguistic stuff that I've always enjoyed as a comedic style.

Beyond that, and of course the classics like Fork Handles, FUNEX, Mastermind, Crossed Lines etc... and the comedic song at the end (which definitely varied from the hilarious to the very dull and cringy), I could take or leave a lot of what was in there. For me though, the good stuff compensated for the bad without question.

I've never really rated anything as consistently brilliant as Dad's Army. All to do with the casting, which I suspect was just as much about luck than judgement.

It's the only sitcom I can think off than ran more than 8 episodes and is consistently good throughout.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Michael McIntyre

:fishing:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
[yt]amuBrjVBuv4[/yt]

I'm 'only' 25, and that to me is funnier than any sitcom produced this century.

Seaweed Hater

CPFC Till I Die
Jul 31, 2009
stand-up.jpg

'One day we'll be bigger than Palace'

Comedy Genius

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The thing about Dads Army is it gentle very subtle very funny humour mainly about class between Manwaring and Wilson.

Sgt Wilson is one of the funniest ever sit com characters.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here