Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bristol Temple Meads, 2220?

PrestGull

Oct 18, 2003
Is anyone else on the 2220 from Bristol Temple Meads back to Paddington?

Am I dreaming thinking I am going to get this train?

Anyone with local knowledge?

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
a cab from the ground back to temple meads should only take 20 minutes- traffic permitting......

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Book a cab, hope that the traffic on Muller Road to the motorway is good and you'll be fine.

If you're planning on getting the bus, I think the 72 or 73 goes to Temple Quay (near TM station) - hope there's one due, pick it up on Filton Avenue and hope that Gloucs. Rd/Chelters Rd is quiet and you may make it.

Any other way, barring a lift or having a bike, forget it.

PrestGull

Oct 18, 2003
Thanks, looks like leaving a little early and a cab may be the way forwards........let's hope we are 3 0 up by then!

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Was supposed to be doing this journey after the original fixture, and having not seen a match of football but making it back to Temple Meads station I would say you needn't worry too much. I think you could probably walk it if you had a brisk pace and were out of the ground by 9:35pm, but get a taxi and I can't believe it would take more than 20-25 minutes.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
10 minutes by taxi, 1hr walking. So says google maps!

Seagull over NZ

Jul 7, 2003
Bristol
No problem at all. I live just off Glos Road. Walk onto there and flag a cab down. If not, buses head to the centre down the Glos Road (15 mins) and you can walk from the centre to TM in about another 10-15 mins.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
I'll be hoping to get this train back as well but getting off in Reading. thinking of getting ready to go 5 mins before the end and then running out to grab a taxi!

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Eleven years to wait for a train seems a bit much, even by British Rail's standards.

Two hundred and eleven years even. Should have paid more attention in maths... :dunce:

A great concept let down by poor execution - a bit like Brighton & Hove Albion...

Last edited:

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
No problem at all. I live just off Glos Road. Walk onto there and flag a cab down. If not, buses head to the centre down the Glos Road (15 mins) and you can walk from the centre to TM in about another 10-15 mins.

The cab driver will know whether Glos Road is busy, best to meet on Ashley Down Road, and he'll go the back way!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here