Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bristol City fans on Leon Knight and bitterness in general

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
I work with a guy who is a Bristol City fan and he is still very bitter. So much so that he said that Knight was a diving little xxxx and that was the only reason we won the play off final. He looked a bit irritated when I told him that it wasn't him who won us the penalty. He was just the one who scored it.

Last edited:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Rangdo said:
I work with a guy who is a Bristol City fan and he is still very bitter. So much so that he said that Knight was a diving little xxxx and that was the only reason we won the play off final. He looked a bit irritated when I told him that it wasn't him who won us the penalty. He was just the one who scored it.
Bloody in-breds. 350,000 people in the city and only two surnames. Alright, gimme six, man. :smokin:

Last edited:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Blimey, there's some reasoned debate on there and some insightful posts.

I don't know if Knight is a trouble maker or not, but everytime he has been in this league he has scored for fun. If £300k is being quoted for Fallon, then £125k for Knight is the steal of the century.

Am not sure why City fans dislike him - yes he has a reputation as a diver - so did Lita who we loved, & so does Jevons who many seem to covet. I guarantee that if we had a striker that regularly "won" us penalties, most of us would quickly discover "Wengervision" & be quite happy with the situation. A bit like when Michael Owen takes a tumble during the world cup.......... will we all be shouting "get on your feet you little cheat"......... no we will save our "moral highground" for when an Argentinian does it to us !

Some people dislike Knight due to the play off - again I don't understand why - Iwelumo was fouled (a stone wall penalty) - what did we expect, Knight to deliberately miss it, forfeit promotion so as not to offend the fans of Bristol City ??????

Do you think we could transer the McGhee Out brigade to there and bring in some of their posters?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Why is it a 'Knight out BRIGADE'?

True it's more like a very loud PLATOON

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here